Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security 11 with the Emsisoft Firewall
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet (uBlock Origin, LastPass, Magic Actions for YT)

Smoke

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
@OneDay No I don't use a backup currently, do you have any suggestions?

@Riddick I have the personal firewall in ESET disabled and use the Online Armor firewall instead, not too sure which is best in terms of doing its job but I prefer the usability of OA.

@Everyone else I'll be sure to take a look at the extensions you recommended. Thanks :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to add another on demand scanner like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro just to safe
Very good config and thanks for sharing

Smoke

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
@exterminator20 Thanks for the tip. In your opinion would using Nod32 + OA provide the same protection as ESS because I would really like to keep OA if possible.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
ryb0rg, I second Riddick's suggestion of Sandboxie.:cool:

Understanding the main effect of how the program works can help it make it uncomplicated.
With the use of Sandboxie's "sandbox", for your browsers, all changes made (added extensions, updates to both extensions & browsers, & downloads not recovered) disappear as though they'd never occured while protecting your system from unwanted changes.:)
A more secure method than the built in password managers provided by either FireFox or Chrome for organizing passwords is called LastPass. It securely accesses all passwords with the use of a single master password. It's free, utilizes encryption security, and makes this part of my computing life far less involved with suffering the headaches I no longer have!:D
Thank you for sharing, and allowing us to enhace you configuration (by your leave!).;):D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.