Account type
Exposure to malware
No malware samples are downloaded
Real-time Malware protection
Emsisoft Internet Security 11 with the Emsisoft Firewall
Periodic scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Browser and Add-ons
Slimjet (uBlock Origin, LastPass, Magic Actions for YT)
Privacy tools and VPN
uBlock Origin
Password manager
LastPass
Search engine
Google UK
File Backup schedule
No data backups
Backup schedule
No system backups

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
@OneDay No I don't use a backup currently, do you have any suggestions?

@Riddick I have the personal firewall in ESET disabled and use the Online Armor firewall instead, not too sure which is best in terms of doing its job but I prefer the usability of OA.

@Everyone else I'll be sure to take a look at the extensions you recommended. Thanks :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
ryb0rg, I second Riddick's suggestion of Sandboxie.:cool:

Understanding the main effect of how the program works can help it make it uncomplicated.
With the use of Sandboxie's "sandbox", for your browsers, all changes made (added extensions, updates to both extensions & browsers, & downloads not recovered) disappear as though they'd never occured while protecting your system from unwanted changes.:)
A more secure method than the built in password managers provided by either FireFox or Chrome for organizing passwords is called LastPass. It securely accesses all passwords with the use of a single master password. It's free, utilizes encryption security, and makes this part of my computing life far less involved with suffering the headaches I no longer have!:D
Thank you for sharing, and allowing us to enhace you configuration (by your leave!).;):D

Last edited: