Advanced Plus Security ZeroDay's Windows 11 config

Last updated
Nov 15, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
OS version and support details
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
On-device encryption
VeraCrypt
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Standard ISP router
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Plus tweaked for maximum security, Hard Configurator max settings.
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Kaspersky Plus tweaked for maximum security, Hard Configurator.
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft emergency kit
MBAM
Hitman Pro
Norton power eraser
Sysinternal suite
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
I don't participate in Malware testing.
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with:
Bitwarden
Bitdefender traffic light
Microsoft defender browser guard
Ublock origin with custom filters
Secure DNS
Next DNS tweaked for maximum security and privacy.
Desktop VPN
Express VPN & PIA
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
CCleaner portable, Wise disk cleaner portable and Windows disk cleanup.
File and photo backups
Google drive, One drive and backed up to an external SSD.
System recovery
Macrium reflect
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
This is an old PC I built years ago. The specs are:

Amd Ryzen 2600x CPU
32GB 3400 RAM
1TB PCI-E M.2 SSD
Nvidia 1030 video card
All in one water cooling
750 watt PCU
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.

Did the pen test happen ?
It did not because we are not in the habit of handing out personal information here in this forum. Instead I showed him how to perform one for himself using NSE. Even though I appreciate that he trusts me to perform one for him, I'm not in the habit of doing this on others networks, I learned this to secure my own, and because I love learning and sharing as well when I know the other parties interest and integrity is intact.
 
Nmaps scripting engine, with vulners and vulnscan added.
Yes, Thanks, heard of that.

I personally believe that if you don't get attacked, you don't grow; as a defender. I took that from the Cylance consultants team. Cylance, if you remember from a few years back, were at the forefront of AI based malware detection. Their technology eventually lost leading ground, and they grew their consulting business dealing with APTs.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top