Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.
Thank you for the advice it's much appreciated.Great config, thanks for sharing
You could drop some periodic malware scanners and keep only the "best": KVRT, NPE and the Sysinternals Suite.
Less extensions means less attack surface and less resources.
I would add when using Microsoft Defender as AV the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extension.
That way you have Google Safe Browsing, Microsoft SmartScreen and Next DNS.
And drop Malwarebytes browser security, Avira browser safety and Bitdefender traffic light.
uBlock Origin should be enough, especially when also using Next DNS, consider dropping Privacy badger.
If you want even further minimize your config, you could choose between Hard_Configurator and VoodooShield (now CyberLock).
You may also eliminate Hard_Configurator. K is more than enough.I've disabled MS Defender and installed Kaspersky Plus.
As long as He tweaks KPlus...You may also eliminate Hard_Configurator. K is more than enough.
As long as He tweaks KPlus...
I know but I like it. And my system is running extremely smoothly.This setup is def overkill!
I think you may have missed a spotReinstalled Windows 11. So I decided to make use of most of Windows built in security. I'm no longer using Kaspersky although I may go back to it at some point.
Current config:
Windows defender tweaked through GPedit for maximum protection.
Hard Configurator set for maximum protection.
Smart app control switched on
Malwarebytes Windows firewall control.
Cyberlock.
This setup is def overkill!
I bet he's got an AK-47 disguised as a USB-4.0 drive, a fiery dragon tattoo for intimidation, and a bazooka strapped to his ankle for maximum security!I think you may have missed a spot![]()
He can have my IP. I'm happy to allow anyone to pentest my setup. @Ultimate Vision You have my full consent to pentest my setup. Let me know if you want to give it a try so you can find any holes and I'll send you whatever details you need via DM.Do you mind if I give your ip address to my hacker friends? You need some penetration testing to see your security layers in action !![]()
Sent you a PM.Infact @Ultimate Vision You can pentest my macbook too if you want to. It's more experience for you and a free audit for me.
You aren''t open to receiving PM's.He can have my IP. I'm happy to allow anyone to pentest my setup
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.