Advanced Plus Security ZeroDay's Windows 11 config

Last updated
Nov 15, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
OS version and support details
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
On-device encryption
VeraCrypt
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Standard ISP router
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Plus tweaked for maximum security, Hard Configurator max settings.
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Kaspersky Plus tweaked for maximum security, Hard Configurator.
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft emergency kit
MBAM
Hitman Pro
Norton power eraser
Sysinternal suite
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
I don't participate in Malware testing.
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with:
Bitwarden
Bitdefender traffic light
Microsoft defender browser guard
Ublock origin with custom filters
Secure DNS
Next DNS tweaked for maximum security and privacy.
Desktop VPN
Express VPN & PIA
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
CCleaner portable, Wise disk cleaner portable and Windows disk cleanup.
File and photo backups
Google drive, One drive and backed up to an external SSD.
System recovery
Macrium reflect
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
This is an old PC I built years ago. The specs are:

Amd Ryzen 2600x CPU
32GB 3400 RAM
1TB PCI-E M.2 SSD
Nvidia 1030 video card
All in one water cooling
750 watt PCU
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.

Great config, thanks for sharing (y)

You could drop some periodic malware scanners and keep only the "best": KVRT, NPE and the Sysinternals Suite.

Less extensions means less attack surface and less resources.
I would add when using Microsoft Defender as AV the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extension.
That way you have Google Safe Browsing, Microsoft SmartScreen and Next DNS.
And drop Malwarebytes browser security, Avira browser safety and Bitdefender traffic light.

uBlock Origin should be enough, especially when also using Next DNS, consider dropping Privacy badger.

If you want even further minimize your config, you could choose between Hard_Configurator and VoodooShield (now CyberLock).
 
Last edited:
Great config, thanks for sharing (y)

You could drop some periodic malware scanners and keep only the "best": KVRT, NPE and the Sysinternals Suite.

Less extensions means less attack surface and less resources.
I would add when using Microsoft Defender as AV the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extension.
That way you have Google Safe Browsing, Microsoft SmartScreen and Next DNS.
And drop Malwarebytes browser security, Avira browser safety and Bitdefender traffic light.

uBlock Origin should be enough, especially when also using Next DNS, consider dropping Privacy badger.

If you want even further minimize your config, you could choose between Hard_Configurator and VoodooShield (now CyberLock).
Thank you for the advice it's much appreciated.
 
As long as He tweaks KPlus...
 
Reinstalled Windows 11. So I decided to make use of most of Windows built in security. I'm no longer using Kaspersky although I may go back to it at some point.

Current config:
Windows defender tweaked through GPedit for maximum protection.
Hard Configurator set for maximum protection.
Smart app control switched on
Malwarebytes Windows firewall control.
Cyberlock.
 
Reinstalled Windows 11. So I decided to make use of most of Windows built in security. I'm no longer using Kaspersky although I may go back to it at some point.

Current config:
Windows defender tweaked through GPedit for maximum protection.
Hard Configurator set for maximum protection.
Smart app control switched on
Malwarebytes Windows firewall control.
Cyberlock.
I think you may have missed a spot 🤔😉😁

J/k looks pretty well covered and then some.
Hope you have your exceptions set well for maximum compatibility and usability.
 
Do you mind if I give your ip address to my hacker friends? You need some penetration testing to see your security layers in action ! :)
He can have my IP. I'm happy to allow anyone to pentest my setup. @Ultimate Vision You have my full consent to pentest my setup. Let me know if you want to give it a try so you can find any holes and I'll send you whatever details you need via DM.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top