Kaspersky security cloud free

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Recently bought a new laptop, pretty happy with it so far. Slightly larger 17.3" screen (compared to 15.6") really makes a difference, could be also due to the fact that I can use 100% display scaling instead of 125% scaling on 15.6" 1080p display. Colors are also much better than my previous display even though both the 45% NTSC. 144Hz display is pleasing for gaming. For multimedia stuff screen is amazing.

Came preinstalled with McAfee AV 1 yr license, still garbage. Replaced with Kaspersky security cloud free.

Edit: wow I actually wrote "MacAfee" lmao

Edit 2: Now by default Win 10 comes with BitLocker ON for each drive installed, just found out. Both of the nvme drives are encrypted, not that I would have noticed that just by boot times.

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What was the main issue? Slowed down the system? Bugs? Didn't like the interface?
App launches were slower and on top of that Interface is so clunky that you have to dig deep just to find some setting. Not recommended at all just for that interface.
So the 5800H got replaced with the 11400H? still a very powerful gaming Laptop.

I ran the 1 year McAfee on mines. Never noticed it that much, but the day it expired uninstalled it immediately.
I am not doing any rendering/encoding/game streaming/VM stuff so 11400H is fine, would have preferred 5800H just for the better efficiency though. 11400H actually run my games faster than 5800H, while barely using 20-25% CPU. Also 11400H has hardware decoding support for AV1 (I am pretty sure 5000 series AMD APUs don't support it), so kinda future proof for video streaming related tasks. Also just found DLSS is useless for 1080p gaming, not much FPS boost but quality is garbage with DLSS set to Quality.

Major issue was choice for 17.3" gaming laptop is so limited (under INR 100K). That Asus ROG strix G17 I bought earlier (had display issue) never got back in stock after my return.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Turns out BitLocker drive encryption is now 'ON' by default on new Windows devices. I wouldn't have mind it but I do use a bootable Ubuntu USB in case something happens to my Windows installation. So had to disable it and gained some disk read/write performance too.

C-drive: Samsung 500 GB SSD
D-Drive Crucial 1 TB SSD

1 Crucial SSD encryp on.png1 Sam SSD encryp on.png

2 Crucial SSD encryp off.png2 Sam SSD encryp off.png

Sequential write speeds after turning off encryption are lower idk why, maybe cause I didn't optimize drives (run TRIM cmd) after turning off encryption. Could be also due to just 1 single run of test.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Bought Soundcore Life Q20 Wireless Over Ear Headphones with ANC (my first ANC headphones), love the build quality, ANC is surprisingly good especially at removing AC/Fan noises (so I don't have to turn up the volume), sound quality is pretty great (compared to HD 206). They are slight heavy though than what I was expecting. Good thing now Windows 11 supports AAC natively over BT now. Battery life is supposedly also great (60 hrs w/o ANC & 40 hrs /w ANC) haven't tested it yet, just received them today.

Update: Battery life is great, as promised, even with ANC turned ON.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.