Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
This mobile browser is by far the best I've come across in terms of privacy and speed for Android

> It has very efficient built in Ad blocking, tracker blocking, fingerprinting protection.
> Speed wise it smokes Firefox mobile
> It's one of only three recommended browsers on Privacy Tools | Encryption against global mass surveillance
> It's Chromium based
> You can watch YouTube ad free in it.

*Desktop version was also very nice, except it took forever to launch on my machine.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Brave is not bad but it can't block these ads:ورزش سه | مرجع اخبار ورزشی به زبان فارسی
Also, won't let you manually block ads(Yandex browser and Aadguard both has such option)
Brave will remove ads but don't forget it will replace them with its own ads!
About Ad Replacement
Home
I don't want such thing!
From that link:
The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
It's not a privacy browser.its a spy tool from USA:D

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
Brave is not bad but it can't block these ads:ورزش سه | مرجع اخبار ورزشی به زبان فارسی
Also, won't let you manually block ads(Yandex browser and Aadguard both has such option)
Brave will remove ads but don't forget it will replace them with its own ads!
About Ad Replacement
Home
I don't want such thing!
From that link:
The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
It's not a privacy browser.its a spy tool from USA:D

Do you have a source for claiming it's a spy tool, or did you just make that up?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
he Brave browser knows where users spend their tim
What does that mean? you tell me. even if i forget about spy the ad replacement still remain:D
Why would I use a browser that gonna show me ads? I don't want any AD

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
What does that mean? you tell me. even if i forget about spy the ad replacement still remain:D
Okay, we established that you made up the spy tool allegation.

But you are still concerned about ad blocking. And to prove this point you posted a link to some non English site that no one in here except you can read.
But I'll take a guess as to why it's not blocking ads on that site: Ad blockers use filters to block ads (language specific filters), the more filters you have enabled the slower the blocker will operate, so in order to increase speed the browser is not gonna include every single language into it's built in ad blocking.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Okay, we established that you made up the spy tool allegation.
The Brave browser knows where users spend their time. tell me what kind of privacy browser track your activity?? lol!
QUOTE="Windows Defender Shill, post: 697879, member: 61421"]But you are still concerned about ad blocking.[/QUOTE]
I'm not talking about the blocking ads! I'm talking about the ads that brave going to show you!
Here:
Do you understand?!
About Ad Replacement
varzesh 3 is not English but it doesn't matter because all of those gifs are ads!
They can get block by costume rules! but the problem is brave won't let you manually block ads! while Adguard blocks those ads for me without any trouble!
I already asked about that vrzesh3 in brave community and the answer I got(Sep 28):

After a quick check into this, I’m seeing a few things.

1. Varzesh is serving the ads through first-party requests, which aren’t typically blocked (1st party = publisher owned and operated in most cases) .
  2. There are other cases, where a publisher will use a 1st party proxy request to then make a 3rd party ad request. Anti-ad blocking solutions offer these types of things. We typically have to untangle them and fix from within the browser.
  3. When I run a fast comparison against chrome, I see that there are two div containers that are blocked in adblock plus/adblock using an element blocking rule. I’m seeing other ads display in chrome, that are served 1st party.
The back and forth between first party and 3rd party rules can make anyone dizzy, so what I’ll do instead of getting into the weeds on that front, is mention that we are currently working on a feature to allow for users to right-click and block these ads on the fly. See this issue to track: Provide right click context menu option for users to block 1st party Ads · Issue #7521 · brave/browser-laptop · GitHub

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. I’m going to double check to see if there are any 3rd party requests that take place just to be sure.

Today is 17 December and the problem still exist:D seems they didn't care!

Reactions: harlan4096

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
All ads are blocked by default. Viewing Brave ads is an opt-in way to support publishers (sites) you like.
They're U.S. based and use filter lists to remove ads from English sites. For foreign sites you're better off using a system-wide ad blocker that can import filter lists created to filter foreign language sites.

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

As for the spying allegations, read their privacy policy and FAQ before installing the browser and decide for yourself if you're comfortable with what's outlined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.