BREAKING: James Damore Just Filed a Lawsuit Against Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
Naturally males tend to be more muscular. That's normal.

Nothing stops a female from working out and becoming more muscular than a muscular male though.
you are right and i didnot say opposite... but if man also works out and both sexes try their best then man is going to be more muscular (by average) ... we can check this in practice and see what are the world records in weight lifting if you want

D

Deleted member 65228

you are right and i didnot say opposite... but if man also works out and both sexes try their best then man is going to be more muscular (by avarage)... we can check this in practice and see what are the world records in weight lifting if you want
It won't necessarily be down to their actual gender though.

There are many different factors involved... Health from an early-age/current, general diet, work-out activities being performed, timing for the work-out and time duration, drug usage, or even naturally inhibited genetics from previous family members which developed over a long time.

Who cares anyway though? I don't even see why someone has the need to announce someone is/isn't capable of doing something whether opinionated or factual with evidence. It's just silly nonsense.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Naturally males tend to be more muscular as far as I am aware.

Even if that is factual, nothing stops a female from working out and becoming more muscular than a muscular male though.

This whole thing is just nonsense.
Opcode your first sentence I agree with you.
But for your next sentence, you forgot about hormones? then this is not normal a muscular woman.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
so you dont think that males are more muscular and as a result they tent to be physically stronger than a woman by average?

No I am not thinking such, because I don't care about it honestly. At work it doesn't matter what anyone's group is like...only the individual matters when it comes to pay and advancement. In the ultimate sense, this is all that is really important to consider about an individual...the individual's achievements and capabilities.

Not that there couldn't be a measure for making the claim you mention (for example, men bench press more than women on average, etc.). However, what people do or choose is only fractionally correlated with what tends to be true about a group of individuals. If you came up with a different example, and the fact were established (such as women tend to buy "spur of the moment"), this information might be useful in business terms and a serious consideration during marketing planning or even in the design phases of the launch of a product. When not useful in this way, this knowledge is just a game. Beyond this, who cares what is commonly stated about a group of people, honestly? Nothing can take away from a success or achievement. Anyway, noone would want to try who is 100% focused. BTW, I suppose your example too could be important to marketers or designers considering whether a product should be lighter weight for use by females, etc...

These thoughts about groups should keep us laughing. We should be proud enough of ourselves each as an individual to be able to laugh when others throw around meaningless nonsense about us. If we are Hungarian, for example, and someone jokes about us liking to eat some widely considered raunchy food like ghoulash, why be upset (I haven't ever tried ghoulash by the way it might be delicious :D...hypothetical example)? People who are focused 100% on succeeding do not and cannot hurt each other. Those who are best able to focus and deliver results receive preferential treatment in pay and advancement considerations. No quotas in this and no biases...

The man in the article is seeking compensation alleging reverse-discrimination, no? Well, this is what he is seeking to prove has happened to him as a result of quotas...the reverse of a so called anti-discriminatory policy. He felt that he himself and others were being washed away by reverse-discrimination built into company policies, and he is suing. Obviously, he was concerned enough to put his neck on the line by discussing the issue with company personnel while at work. Well, if he was doing a good enough job, maybe he will win, who knows?

Reactions: Prorootect

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
It won't necessarily be down to their actual gender though.

There are many different factors involved... Health from an early-age/current, general diet, work-out activities being performed, timing for the work-out and time duration, drug usage, or even naturally inhibited genetics from previous family members which developed over a long time.
well it cant be true that every single woman weight lifter has some sort of a problem and thats why they lift ~30-40% less weight then man

Who cares anyway though? I don't even see why someone has the need to announce someone is/isn't capable of doing something whether opinionated or factual with evidence. It's just silly nonsense.
well generally its not needed to discuss this topic... i think it comes up only in 3 case scenarios

1) sexist people who say that woman are stupid and they are lesser beings or when someone says that woman are weak creatures... even though if average woman is weaker than average man it does not mean that every woman is weaker than man you should judge every person individually

2) normal people who recognize that there are differences and we can use this knowledge maybe in genetic research to find out what makes some groups different

3) sexist people who think that they are against sexism... they say that every single group is same thus they suppress those who have some sort of advantage

Reactions: Prorootect

angustaver

Level 4
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
It's true, I was wrong:

white men in united states
they are discriminated against in universities, (only Mexicans study, and blacks)
they are discriminated against by law, television, and history.
women are not discriminated against, they earn more than men,
they beat men, all engineers are white women.
sorry I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.