Brian's Samsung Galaxy S9

Phone brand
Samsung
Phone model
Galaxy S9
Phone unlock
Security & Privacy Apps
ESET Mobile Security and Zemana Mobile Antivirus (Pro)
Browser
Google Chrome, Firefox Focus

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I'm thinking about switching from ESET (now the free version) to Norton (Paid). What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Brian
Having had both of them in premium on a previous device, ESET is superior to Norton. It is more effective and has less bloat. I recently tried SEPC Mobile though, and it was fantastic and quite comparable to ESET.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symantec.mobile.protection

I own an S8, and I have to say, I'm happy with McAfee Mobile Security. S8/S9 owners get a lifetime license for free from Galaxy Apps.

You could probably even live without protection, Samsung Knox is quite good at its job.

Reactions: RoboMan

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I forgot about the "lifetime license" for McAfee Mobile Security. Don't know how great McAfee Mobile Security is... Does this show up as a free download as well @root/ ? For me it does.

I have a premium license of Norton which allows 10 devices so I may end up installing it to experiment how it works with my new phone.

I'm a bit fan of ESET. I don't really need all of the premium features. I'm good with manually checking for updates once and or twice day as well so that's no biggy for me. Thanks or the reply @root/ !

Reactions: slash/

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Having had both of them in premium on a previous device, ESET is superior to Norton. It is more effective and has less bloat. I recently tried SEPC Mobile though, and it was fantastic and quite comparable to ESET.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symantec.mobile.protection

I own an S8, and I have to say, I'm happy with McAfee Mobile Security. S8/S9 owners get a lifetime license for free from Galaxy Apps.

You could probably even live without protection, Samsung Knox is quite good at its job.
Tell me how to get my McAfee license, I can't manage to get it to work!

Regarding Norton for Android, it's not majestic (not a single Android security app is) but I liked it. Not necessarily full of crap and does its job. Pretty much average, like all antivirus here.

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Tell me how to get my McAfee license, I can't manage to get it to work!

Regarding Norton for Android, it's not majestic (not a single Android security app is) but I liked it. Not necessarily full of crap and does its job. Pretty much average, like all antivirus here.
Just install it from Galaxy Apps and you're good to go. It should be free and licensed already.

Reactions: RoboMan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.