Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Sorry I had not understood, Well in the configuration of @cruelsister you can not use the browser with the Sanbox of Comodo.
Then I just use sandboxie, to navigate
It gave me problems until I unchecked this option.

View attachment 177330
I understand. You are using Sandboxie only to run Firefox. Generally, using CF with the active sandbox (like in @cruelsister settings) can sometimes collide with Sandboxie, when both sandboxes want to contain the same process. But, in your case the Firefox processes are whitelisted in CF, so Firefox is going to be contained only by Sandboxie.
Please, check if Sandboxie vendor (Invincea) is on Comodo's Trusted Vendors List. If not, then Comodo can block Sandboxie updates.
CF works well on Windows 7 and it is a kind of default deny protection in CS settings. Having EAM + Comodo (CS settings, default deny) + Sandboxie, you can drop Hard_Configurator (also default deny). It is not necessary to have two default deny protections. Hard_Configurator has some special settings (like blocking SMB), that are not covered by EAM, CF, and Sandboxie, but they would be hardly exploited in Home User environment.
If you will upgrade to Windows 10, then you can consider to drop CF and keep Hard_Configurator.
Hard_Configurator has great compatibility with Windows 10, because it uses Windows built-in policies.

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, Sandboxie is on the Comodo trust list. there are no problems, I agree that I have a bit of the same when using Comodo and Hard_Configurator, but I like the two Softwars. and at the moment there are no conflicts, if I change to W10 I will take what you recommend, Thanks for bothering to see my Settings. Greetings!:)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, Sandboxie is on the Comodo trust list. there are no problems, I agree that I have a bit of the same when using Comodo and Hard_Configurator, but I like the two Softwars. and at the moment there are no conflicts, if I change to W10 I will take what you recommend, Thanks for bothering to see my Settings. Greetings!:)
Your welcome.:)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Sorry I had not understood, Well in the configuration of @cruelsister you can not use the browser with the Sanbox of Comodo.
Then I just use sandboxie, to navigate
It gave me problems until I unchecked this option.

View attachment 177330

Hello, bribon77

In the state that cruelister is set up, I use browsers as sandboxes from "run virtual".
Is this the wrong way?
I have no self-confidence.

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Hello, bribon77

In the state that cruelister is set up, I use browsers as sandboxes from "run virtual".
Is this the wrong way?
I have no self-confidence.

cis_2018-02-09_16-49-04.png
Well, I do not know if I understand you well. But if you use the Cs configuration to block requests in the firewall. It turns out you can not navigate ... that's why I use Sandboxie.

The funny thing is that now, apparently it will be for some update if you let me navigate.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Teachers, thank you!
I am not confident that cs setting is perfectly traced,:unsure: so I will review it again.;)

Reactions: bribon77

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Show- If you are using my settings sandboxing the browsers is not necessary (but you can still do so if you choose).

Understand that in order for an infected webpage to infect your system (either through an exploit kit or through some script), something MUST be downloaded (perhaps without you knowledge) and be able to run locally on your computer. It is this, and any other, action that will be detected by CF and automatically will be shunted into the sandbox, thus affording you protection.

What Bribon stated above is totally correct- if you use my settings AND sandbox the browser the browser will not connect out. But NEVER EVER change the setting that stops sandboxed processes from connecting out (SBIE also has a similar setting), as this setting stops things like Keyloggers, Bankers, and diverse other info stealers from sending any stolen info to the Blackhats (personally I could care less what info a malware file collects as long as it cannot do a God Damned thing with it); also having sandboxed processes precluded from connecting out will stop other malware in their nasty tracks- an example here is the recent GrandCrab ransomware- once the malware sees it cannot connect to its server it just shuts off.

But to make a long post even longer, you really don't have to worry about sandboxing the browser with CF; you can jump through unneeded hops to make it so, but why bother? Life is too precious to waste time...

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
sigh ". . . avec tes yeux si bleux" never a comment on my posts :cry: ah well shine on you ...

Reactions: bribon77

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Show- If you are using my settings sandboxing the browsers is not necessary (but you can still do so if you choose).

Understand that in order for an infected webpage to infect your system (either through an exploit kit or through some script), something MUST be downloaded (perhaps without you knowledge) and be able to run locally on your computer. It is this, and any other, action that will be detected by CF and automatically will be shunted into the sandbox, thus affording you protection.

What Bribon stated above is totally correct- if you use my settings AND sandbox the browser the browser will not connect out. But NEVER EVER change the setting that stops sandboxed processes from connecting out (SBIE also has a similar setting), as this setting stops things like Keyloggers, Bankers, and diverse other info stealers from sending any stolen info to the Blackhats (personally I could care less what info a malware file collects as long as it cannot do a God Damned thing with it); also having sandboxed processes precluded from connecting out will stop other malware in their nasty tracks- an example here is the recent GrandCrab ransomware- once the malware sees it cannot connect to its server it just shuts off.

But to make a long post even longer, you really don't have to worry about sandboxing the browser with CF; you can jump through unneeded hops to make it so, but why bother? Life is too precious to waste time...

Professor, thank you for telling me!:D
I was an inexperienced person. I only cared about 'infecting' something, I did not assume any concrete attack method such as keylogger at all.

I am very glad that I heard the opinions of you and bribon 77.

Thank you! Someday, I will come back to take class again!;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.