Brief question on going for an eye checkup because I often change the scaling in Windows?

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I often change the scale size in Windows 11. I do wear eyeglasses and regularly go to the doctor for a full eye checkup.
I recently booked an appointment with another eye doctor.
Today I changed the scale size from 100% to 175%.

1664821929084.png

I find it helpful to read and very much easier to see and navigate and see icons and everything very sharp and crisp.

The question is whether I have something wrong with my eye sight or is it me dealing with depression and because of feeling uncomfortable, and dealing with uncertainty and boredom, and that’s the reason I don’t stick with one setting for a long time.
Thanks, you.

P.S.:
My screen setup has always been more than an arm's length away.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Of course I have no idea of your health, but I would say use whatever you find comfortable.
You can also ask your eye doctor for advice.

Personally I use a light theme and the following scales:
On my old 17" Acer laptop with resolution 1920 x 1080 : 125%
On my new 16" LG laptop with resolution 2560 x 1600 : 175%

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
If you need glasses outside you are probably nearsighted. If that is the case note that with increasing age your vision will deteriorate to some extent; this is normal and should be expected- not to the extent of blindness of course, but you may (will) have trouble with things like reading the date on coins (and computer screens at 100%).

Although there are currently sufficient things afoot to get depressed about, your vision should not be one of them.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
There is a common eyesight problem called cataract, and it can definitely make you want to increase the scaling, in search of a clearer display. Making the display bigger is a workaround for cataract.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.