Device Security
User Account
Standard - User has some control over the settings
Recent Security Incidents
Resolved malware issues
Malware Testing
None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
f-secure paid, voodooshield paid, syshardener, comodo firewall.
Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
Custom - Major changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
zemana. virus total uploader.
Browsers and Extensions
firefox.
bitdefender traffic light, ublock origin. virus total link checker. https everywhere, decentraleyes, canvasblocker, netcraft.
Web Privacy
spi and nat hardware firewalls on my router. o & o shutup, WPD,
Password Management
last pass.
Default Web Search
google
System Utilities
revo uninstaller. hard disk sentinel, patchmypc, unchecky, vlc player for privacy,
Data Backup
aomei backupper. windows backup on an external HARD drive.
Frequency of Data backups
None
System Backup
aomei backup. windows backup.
Frequency of System backups
Rarely
Computer Specifications
https://malwaretips.com/threads/bries-specs.83693/

harlan4096

MalwareTips Team
AV-Tester Advanced
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
As already @darko999 said, that is a total overkill, Avast Free (Hardened Mode -> Aggressive) + CFW (CS' settings) + SysHardener is more than enough!

Please fill the field -> Password Management.

Thanks for sharing :)

oldschool

Level 19
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
If Chrome is your primary browser you can live safely and happily with something like this:

Cookie Autodelete
Malwarebytes beta
HTTPS Everywhere
Privacy Possum - Based on Privacy Badger but much more powerful.
Decentraleyes

Nano Adblocker - based on uBO but better default configuration. If you watch The Hated One's YouTube video tutorial it is a funny and clear guide on how to use it. Advanced User Mode - Medium is the best balance of ease and power. Recommended by THO and uBO's developer as the preferred user mode. I use it to block 3rd party scripts & frames. It will break some sites depending on how you surf, but if you have sites you visit regularly you will quickly see the result. If a site breaks you can try to unbreak it, but if short on time you can revert to default Easy User Mode. I am a witness: if you spend a bit of time learning to use uBO or Nano Defender this way you will never go back except when a site is very stubborn to break. I have one such site and thus I have added Steven Black's Host, SquidBlack's Malicious and 1Host filters. This will give you close to same protection as Medium Mode. I am no geek and this is a very effective setup with just a little learning curve. (You may also use uBO with this setup and user mode).

These 6 extensions will give you loads of protection and a reasonable amount of privacy unless you are really paranoid. I use FF with above setup + Temp Containers. Edge with only Nano Adblocker and IP. I hope this is food for thought.

harlan4096

MalwareTips Team
AV-Tester Advanced
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
No... in fact Your current resident protection is an overkill: bitdefender TS, syshardener, k9 web filter, appcheck...

You don't need AppCheck with BD TS and specially if You also applied SysHardened tweaks...

harlan4096

MalwareTips Team
AV-Tester Advanced
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Even AppCheck isn't infallible against CS's samples :) on the other hand would be quite enough with SysHardened (default) mitigations... also BD TS anti-rw module is not the only protection module that protects You against rw...

Brie

Level 6
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
i turned on windows updates.

i previously turned them off to avoid messing up my PC from a bad update, which some times happens. is there a place where i can pick and choose which windows updates that i install?