Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2018

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I undervolted my ugly desktop's cpu because I live in an ancient building with older wiring plus I was tired of seeing 1.4 or more volts at a brief 4.2 GHz (this is wasteful). It now boosts to 4.2 GHz using 1.28 volts and is quite stable. Undervolting seems more appropriate for laptops' batteries, though and it seems this can also help with some heat reduction, depending on circumstances.

There are plenty of guides online, and it takes some time and patience adjusting and testing the stability. I used Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility but didn't run any stress tests or benchmarks, just some cpu intensive gaming and other regular use. No guarantees, though.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

it is the same as phone batteries, no more replaceable, they realized people are more incline to buy new laptops than sending the laptop to the care service and pay for a new battery + work, which cost almost half the price of the laptop.

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
my laptop is 2 years old, the battery died........had it under warranty so they shipped me a new one and I snapped it in and ready to go

Reactions: Venustus

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
My Acer Predator laptop doesn't include a "replaceable battery". Nevertheless when I unscrewed it to clean it I saw the battery and its connections, and it's just literally connecting two wires. Replaceable stands for plug and play? In that case I would understand, but they're still totally replaceable.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
indeed, i bought a car battery and transport it on a backpack , it replaced perfectly my laptop battery and its duration is way longer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nice but isn't it heavy?
I prefer the power efficiency.
Can't wait till the new MediaTek arm CPUs get to laptops hopefully with 72WH.
And none soldered components is a thing of the past,one of the invention I really hope just die .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.