Troubleshoot Brisktopia? Am I in danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumel22

Thread author
May 8, 2018
No one can help me with this, brisktopia links are usually used in clicbaity videos and sites so I asume it's malicious and now I probably got adware that makes this site pop up in chrome when I start my pc... Luckily I wasn't connected to the internet when it poped up so it didn't open but I still don't know in what danger I am I ran Malwarebytes and it didn't find any treat ... Anyone has same issues or can help me?

I

illumination

No one can help me with this, brisktopia links are usually used in clicbaity videos and sites so I asume it's malicious and now I probably got adware that makes this site pop up in chrome when I start my pc... Luckily I wasn't connected to the internet when it poped up so it didn't open but I still don't know in what danger I am I ran Malwarebytes and it didn't find any treat ... Anyone has same issues or can help me?
Please post a thread with your information here: Malware Removal Assistance For Windows
The community malware removal expert will be able to help you check your system.

Upvote 0

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Your browser is hijacked, doesnt mean youre in danger

But incase, you should do as @illumination said

My tips would just be:
- hitmanpro
- adwcleaner ( malwarebytes)

Avoid signing to chrome account, since the profile might be corrupted

Remember to save logs, if you scan with those scanners, so you can post logs to malware removal assistance thread and helping will be easier

Reactions: Question
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.