Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows
  2. Android
  3. Linux

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
i want to get good experience from daily base usage for work and watching my favorite platform also i want best privacy and security with them because of online shopping and tax +my office work
(librewolf having some compatibility issue with some of my office login and sites)so don't recommended that

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I'd recommend Firefox for daily usage. It offers great privacy features, including enhanced tracking protection. For work, it supports many productivity extensions. It's also compatible with most streaming platforms. For added security during online transactions, consider using a VPN service.

Reactions: kididoh821
Mar 4, 2022
I second Firefox. I've used it as my main browser for many years without issue. You can make tweaks and add extensions for better privacy. Plus, you will get security patches before any Firefox derivative browser like waterfox and midori for example.

• +Reputation
Reactions: kididoh821

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
Picking a browser for its privacy is redundant, if you're gonna be using Facebook, Google, etc. Just choose the browser with the best features. I use Opera GX.
im not having any social account for my self only some gaming one plus office site

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
(librewolf having some compatibility issue with some of my office login and sites)so don't recommended that
Probably because you have enabled "Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certificates"?
Strong tracking protection does just that. My MS login sometimes fails, since tracking cookies are removed in the process.
also i want best privacy and security with them because of online shopping and tax +my office work
You can not have both, privacy focused browsers usually lack in security, there are several weeks even moths behind in updates.
Strong security on the other hand means allowing tracking what webpages you visit, so it can check and block them accordingly.
To lower the amount of tracking and improve security, use one browser for shopping, another for a social network, another for work.

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
Probably because you have enabled "Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certificates"?
Strong tracking protection does just that. My MS login sometimes fails, since tracking cookies are removed in the process.

You can not have both, privacy focused browsers usually lack in security, there are several weeks even moths behind in updates.
Strong security on the other hand means allowing tracking what webpages you visit, so it can check and block them accordingly.
To lower the amount of tracking and improve security, use one browser for shopping, another for a social network, another for work.
what you think about waterfox for daily base usage or midori?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
what you think about waterfox for daily base usage or midori?
I have not tried any of them till now, but I am not impressed.

capture_03152024_064314.jpgcapture_03152024_064854.jpg

By default, both Midory and Waterfox try to connect to Google using QUIC (UDP via 443) and Midori even wants to update via TCP port 80, that is 3 nonono for me right there.
Librewolf does not do any stunt like that, because that tracking code was removed from it. Then again it tries to connect to my ISP, but so do other apps, so not sure about this.

If want a basic anti-tracking, not VPN, just use DOH (encrypted DNS) in any browser of your choice, preferably supporting ECH or eSNI. Block system tracking via DNS (Adguard or NextDNS).
Then you can flavor it with a content blocker like Adguard or uBlock Origin to get cosmetic filtering. Cookie AutoDelete is a nice addition, it removes fileless cookies and caches on the go.

capture_03152024_070123.jpgcapture_03152024_070251.jpg

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
thanks alot for
I have not tried any of them till now, but I am not impressed.

View attachment 282207View attachment 282208

By default, both Midory and Waterfox try to connect to Google using QUIC (UDP via 443) and Midori even wants to update via TCP port 80, that is 3 nonono for me right there.
Librewolf does not do any stunt like that, because that tracking code was removed from it. Then again it tries to connect to my ISP, but so do other apps, so not sure about this.

If want a basic anti-tracking, not VPN, just use DOH (encrypted DNS) in any browser of your choice, preferably supporting ECH or eSNI. Block system tracking via DNS (Adguard or NextDNS).
Then you can flavor it with a content blocker like Adguard or uBlock Origin to get cosmetic filtering. Cookie AutoDelete is a nice addition, it removes fileless cookies and caches on the go.

View attachment 282210View attachment 282211
thanks alot for youre time and effort to help me out i think im stay with my liberwolf or switch to firefox itself
i always use those addon on my browser= adguard+bitwarden+my antivirus addon for browser+my vpn addon and my download manager addon

Reactions: TairikuOkami

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.