Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I found two:

* Start Panicking! (startpanic.com): http://startpanic.com/

* What the Internet knows about you .. whattheinternetknowsaboutyou.com: http://www.whattheinternetknowsaboutyou.com/

I'm not panicked, me .. but oh, ah, uh!.. aaa ..:dodgy:

P

Plexx

Both sites did not find anything on me. Is this suppose to be like that? Wondering what information would the sites gather?

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
The first one didn't get anything because Malwarebytes blocked it :p. And the second didn't find anything from me either.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Neither succeeded in finding anything on me.

Thank you CCleaner, Ghostery, Beef TACO, Adblock Plus and Request Policy.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Yeah neither worked. Probably because of adblock plus. Or because I have all 3rd party cookies removed.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
MrXidus said:
Thank you CCleaner, Ghostery, Beef TACO, Adblock Plus and Request Policy.

If you're using ABP, you can use the EasyPrivacy filter subscription and you won't need Ghostery. (unless you use it to delete LSO's)

I ran tests a year or so ago, and with ABP + EasyPrivacy, in over two weeks I never encountered a single site that Ghostery listed as having any trackers. And I was really trying hard to encounter some! Basically following any and every link I came across. With ABP disabled, some of these sites listed a half-dozen or more trackers. :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Nothing succeeded because I have configured Firefox not to remember history at all and I have ABP installed too.

P

Plexx

I do have Easy Privacy on IE9 and FF but for some odd reason I am unable to add it to ABP for Chrome. Any work arounds?

Edit: managed to manually add the URL link of Easy Privacy on ABP in Chrome.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Same, the results were ok. So the configuration is tighten to avoid the privacy issue.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Congratulations, we did not find anything in this category in your browser history.
Feel free to try our other browser history tests.
So who's to 'blame' for this ? ABP?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Tried to disable ABP still the result were same nothing found, guess its how you set to remember the history through your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.