Browser Performance Test 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
When opera 25 will be released, it will fully support the right codecs to watch youtube in html5. (but we're right now still on 23) ;)

Codecs and:
Xrm1iTt.png

peaceful

Level 1
Verified
Aug 5, 2014
Thunderbird is slow and very buggy for me. I'm now using online mail.]

I forward my online mail to my main email account, Opera mail handles it no problem. You can also have multiple accounts with Opera mail, it was really easy to configure. So far, no bugginess for me.

Reactions: Oxygen

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Finally i have done it. I finally managed to sync bookmarks to my opera from xmarks which was available through chrome webstore. Special thanks to @Chromatinfish 123 for leting me know that we can add chrome extensions to opera. Man from this stage i really doubt of turning back to other browsers.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well what would be the best adblocker for Opera? In terms of protection, resource usage and other stuffs.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I think Opera Dev. is over 25. If bookmarks are a must, then install it, however, it's probably quite buggy.
http://www.opera.com/developer
But bookmarks aren't the only new feature in 25. Web notifications, HTML5 H264 video support, improved installer, new flags... and if 24 becomes stable, tab previewing, Linux version, HiDPI fixes and other stuff will be available. If 25 is stable, it will be a very good browser, but you can indeed download 25 right now in developer, but it's a bit buggy and the bookmarks are still in early stage, but they work if you enable the flag.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I use to use Opera up to version 12 and i did like it, but i tried the new Opera 2 or 3 months ago...and it was quit a lot of work to get my Bookmarks from my main browser into Opera.

Hmm that is good to see.

They have a bookmark importer now and everything will be fully working when 25 hits stable.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
you need to enable it on dev:
opera://flags/#bookmarks ;)

Sorry but even when i activated "First time..." something something, no easy way to import my bookmarks from Slimjet or from a html file. Since i have over 6500 bookmarks i am not going to drag and drop them all into Opera. They should just simply add the option to import from a html file as well.

I also saw that they still do not allow people to set a different search engine as default other then the 5 they added. You can not even edit the default search engines? Adding a new search engine is easy, but not being allowed to set that search engine as default is bad in my opinion. Many people ( Me included. ) do not like being forced into things.

Yeah Opera 23 is fast as i expected it would be...but unless version 25 does not allow these things then i will stick with SlimJet. So untill that moment comes i have removed Opera 23.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
So that still means no easy way to add bookmarks from another browser or a way to import from a Html file? Come on Opera development team, that should be easy to do for your team. Google Chrome and all the clone versions i have tried have a synch option like Opera ( If i saw it correctly. ) and all of them can import from a Html file. Personally i know no other browser then Opera Next that does not allow importing Bookmarks from a html file.

Sorry for the continued rant on my part everyone, but i just can not understand why they can not/do not add the things i mentioned in this thread? Those are basic things for a browser?

lordjhb22

Aug 7, 2014
Lol so many things people do not know about Opera.
Not saying its the fastest or the best, but 7 out of 10 features used within: IE, Chrome and FF are born at the Opera factory.
And the only reason they are still around while being one of the smallest browser developers in the world is due to the fact that they are good REALLY good. And for real Opera users they know how to run it and make it speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy.

i have the latest opera with me these days. any tips to make it run??
Or any thread you may point towards??

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
So that still means no easy way to add bookmarks from another browser or a way to import from a Html file? Come on Opera development team, that should be easy to do for your team. Google Chrome and all the clone versions i have tried have a synch option like Opera ( If i saw it correctly. ) and all of them can import from a Html file. Personally i know no other browser then Opera Next that does not allow importing Bookmarks from a html file.

Sorry for the continued rant on my part everyone, but i just can not understand why they can not/do not add the things i mentioned in this thread? Those are basic things for a browser?

When they launched Opera 15, Opera team wanted people to use Speed dials as their new way to manage their favourite websites. Although, people didn't stop complaining about the lack of bookmarks, even when Speed Dial can do the same thing, even in a better way...
Opera team changed its mind to calm them down, but even when doing so, people keep up complaining about what is still lacking more than being satisfied with what is present :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.