Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
:biggrin: Hello! :biggrin:
I have a new pool: Which browser do you like?
For this pool, I have 2 options: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

I chosen these browsers because it's a big fight for the 1st place.
Thanks for votes and for replies! :)
UPDATE: This fight is at security, performance and usability. In one word: all. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Since Waterfox is based off Firefox I'm going with Waterfox. Don't even have Chrome installed on my main. Just a matter of opinion I guess.

ultradolby1

Verified
Nov 8, 2012
...1st place in what? - popularity, or what really counts - safety, & privacy...

Comodo Dragon - Comodo IceDragon - & throw in GRC DNSBenchmark to find which DNS provider is best for "you", & "your" location, in regards to speed ,& reliability

ultradolby1

Verified
Nov 8, 2012
ultradolby1 said:
...1st place in what? - popularity, or what really counts - safety, & privacy...

Comodo Dragon - Comodo IceDragon - & throw in GRC DNSBenchmark to find which DNS provider is best for "you", & "your" location, in regards to speed ,& reliability

...oh, ok, I get it - in that case, Firefox - Chrome's too sniffy /w/ all of their privacy compromising features (code). ie. RLZ identifier, usage statistic spying etc.!...

I

illumination

Payback said:
illumination said:
I have chosen Firefox, mainly because of the extensions i like to use.

Correct me if I am wrong,Chrome have more extensions?

They both have a ton of add ons that are similar in functionality, i find the ones for firefox work better for my needs.

gone

Level 1
Jul 10, 2012
chrome for its speed and sync ability. FF sync is bit confusing and lengthy IMO. chrome just uses google id for syncing and its too easy.

D

Deleted member 178

Chrome is better on security, Firefox better for personalization

i will go Chrome because i prefer a car with more security than one with more tuned parts.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Chrome for speed and security with Firefox as secondary.

If you have to post these polls then please be more specific.
Thanks.

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
Chrome is better on security, Firefox better for personalization

i will go Chrome because i prefer a car with more security than one with more tuned parts.

As of lately, all of the browser are pretty much secure, especially depending on the extensions one uses, so it boils down to a matter of personal choice in the end. Not that all of us have not had this discussion 5,000 times on here ;) :D

D

Deleted member 178

illumination said:
As of lately, all of the browser are pretty much secure, especially depending on the extensions one uses, so it boils down to a matter of personal choice in the end. Not that all of us have not had this discussion 5,000 times on here ;) :D

Built-in Sandbox/Flash Player/PDF viewer > Firefox built-in...nothing :D

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
illumination said:

Built-in Sandbox/Flash Player/PDF viewer > Firefox built-in...nothing :D

Noscript & Request Policy/open source= I have control of my browser! :p:D

D

Deleted member 178

i think the poll is based only on built-in features,

illumination said:

can add the same to Chrome , so Chrome still own FF ;)

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
i think the poll is based only on built-in features,

illumination said:

can add the same to Chrome , so Chrome still own FF ;)

Test the ones for Chrome against the ones for Firefox and get back to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.