Browsers you use that no one has heard about

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadDrop

Thread author
Aug 19, 2012
I use lynx, links, dooble & icedragon.

What are some of the browsers you use that no one has heard about?

D

Deleted member 178

Icedragon is not so unheard here :D

ican add Lunascape (multi-engine browser)

D

Deleted member 178

Lunascape was the most terrible one i ever used, it was a good idea to implement 3 famous engines (FF, IE & safari) but its design and usability was terrible , no saying that the engines used are the outdated ones...

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
used to use K-meleon 2 years ago on my Celeron 850mhz PC, because Firefox was too heavy for that PC, now Firefox :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Does Lunascape have extensions?

I've tried sundial, cometbird, avant, maxthon, palemoon, K-Meleon, slimbrowser, flock and rockmelt most people I know have never heard of them compared to chrome, firefox, opera and IE

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I have heard of all the browsers which MRF talked about. Most of them are on linux. I bet no one said Koquerer. I have used Konquerer on Open Suse.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Konquerer, Midori etc are well known browsers on linux platform. I use midori on zorin ultimate.

Icekingus

Level 1
Aug 7, 2012
Hydra Browser has a lot of potential in it. Not very speedy but with lots of features.
You can read about pros and cons, and download it from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Hydra-Browser.shtml
P.S. The installer from the site by default will provide you with Yandex toolbar and Funmoods toolbar.
Just choose custom installation and uncheck these toolbars. Worth trying.

Edited link to Softpedia, the link provided was detected as malicious.
Hydra Browser was discontinued in 2008.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Lunascape was the most terrible one i ever used, it was a good idea to implement 3 famous engines (FF, IE & safari) but its design and usability was terrible , no saying that the engines used are the outdated ones...

I would have to totally agree with you, good idea but bad end result.

I use Crazy Browser sometimes because it is so fast. It uses IE rending engine but has the look and fell as IE6, of coarse it doesn't use IE6 engine and has added features.

There is also SlimBrowser that also uses IE rending engine and SlimBoat based on Apple Safari.

Both are pretty good.

And there is TheWorld Browser and GreenBrowser, I never used them.

Enjoy!!:D

N

Nige_40

I Have used Safari but that got real bad to use.

I've had used Avant Browser, but I found that buggy as you go along

I tried SW Iron the other day. but I dumped it due to it not saving default Browser to Iron

So I've gone back to Comodo Dragon. with Internet Explorer 9 for work/back-up purpose.

So that is my browser experience that I thought I would share.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Safari for Windows is plain bad.

Safari on Mac is a difference experience, why do you think there is no Internet Explorer for Mac. :)

Nige_40 said:

N

Nige_40

Earth said:
Safari for Windows is plain bad.

Safari on Mac is a difference experience, why do you think there is no Internet Explorer for Mac. :)

Nige_40 said:

Point said! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.