Advice Request Browsing Profiles

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Back3

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
My basic security setup: W11 64 bit, UAC default, F-Secure Safe, Simple Windows Hardening, Firewall Hardening, Norton Power Eraser and SophosScanandClean as second opinion scanners, O&O Shutup10, Macrium Home and Syncback free, Sumo, Process Explorer and Autoruns.

Browsing profile for my secure surfing (mostly 25 sites like MalwareTips):
Chrome or Edge, Cira DNS for Canadians, F-Secure Browsing Protection and Adguard Ext. Bitwarden

Browsing profile for insecure browsing:
Enable a VPN ( Windscribe or Surfshark), Activate Sandboxie Plus and use Librewolf (uBlock Origin).

Do you guys use different browsers or different browser profiles to accommodate your surfing habits?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan Willy

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I am always connected to a VPN. I use Catsxp (a fork of Brave) 99% of the time. I use Edge for browsing YouTube, as I'm signed into my Google account on Edge. I'm never signed into Google on my main browser.

Reactions: Jan Willy and Back3

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
For banking and buying I use a different profile in MS Edge with strict security settings. The only extension is Adguard Browser Assistent, which is the link to the interface from Adguard for Windows. This improves the tracker protection and adds Google Safe Browsing (for what's worth). Next DNS is the last link in the security chain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Back3 and roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
What's the advantage over Brave? I can't find documentation about it.
It has better tab management. For example, it can open every address entered in a new tab rather than the current tab and you can get it open new tabs to right of the current tab. Also, it is based on newer builds of Chromium than Brave is.
Catsxp 2.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Back3 and Jan Willy

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
What's the advantage over Brave? I can't find documentation about it.
It's made in PRC and there is no information about who is making it and there is no contact information. The FAQ about privacy states as follows....
Strictly abide by the "Regulations on the protection of computer software" of the people's Republic of China, will not collect your personal information for any reason, and will not send them to the server or any third party server. Fully comply with the principles stated in the privacy white paper of Google Chrome, and can only be enhanced on this basis, but not weakened. In the future, it is possible to send usage statistics and crash reports to the server with the authorization of users. In addition, no data will be sent to the server.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.