Bryan J's Security Configuration

Bryan J

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
Hi @Bryan J. Our T-1000 Series Umbra (formerly of Skynet) 'is' advertising,:rolleyes: in a way, by challenging members (this includes all of us) to reprogram ourselves to no longer carelessly open executable files, click on suspicious email links, or carelessly open the door to 'Evil' malware exposure ..unless (of course) it's Umbra approved.:p This is under threat of his returning from the future, but instead he will send his human hating:mad: 'evil' version whom is reprogrammed to make us all :eek:pay for not obeying him now!!:D:D:D

ROFLMAO!!! That's great man. Diggin it x10.

Bryan J

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
you will be punished for that !

this is my approval stamp ! if you got it ; it means that you have your system secured enough.

exactly, i am the all-seeing one
Well hallelujah!! Smack my ass and call me Sally. :p Like I said, your approval means a lot as I was raised by wolves and always got 'chewed out' by my surrogate father for not securing those damn deer good enough. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, I love finding that next, new gem of a program to further enhance my security & privacy. In the last few days, I've downloaded, not installed, 4 new apps. Most of which I found here, but a couple from ghacks and/or sourceforge.

• GlassWire
  • MozBackup & FavBackup
  • Tweaking.com's RepairWindowsFirewallI
I'm still researching those, except for Glasswire, which I just read about over at Makeuseof. So I'm about to give it a whirl. And probably MozBackup since that's pretty basic. Hopefully it's pretty lightweight, as I just recently removed several other extensions that were causing issues in FF. (I thought one of them was 'Click & Clean', but it wasn't, so that's my newest extension right now.

And I also reinstalled Glary Utilities 5 after not having used it since last year. So many tools in that one, it's almost overwhelming.

Anyway, on a side note, and sorry for being off topic/misplaced, my wife was just admitted into the hospital due to a blood clot in her leg. She has a history of them due to a rare blood disorder she has called A.P.S. So I'm trying to take my mind off of that for tonight by putting together a list of "must have" apps for a good friend of mine who's not technically savvy at all. I gave him my old Aspire laptop with Win7 to use for online job hunting. And since he doesn't really know his way around a computer, I figured he could use some help. *I was just looking through some free a/v thread's here, trying to decide which one would be best for him when I saw my alerts* So my apologies for the delay in responding to the last 2 posts, it's been a crazy week to say the least, and I try to check in as much as possible.

Anywho, still loving the site, and info here. Ima get back to compiling my friend's list. You all have a good night, rest of the week. ;)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.