Solved BSOD. Boot sequence rewritten. LOTS OF FUN

Bilbo

Level 1
Thread author
May 21, 2017
Hey, uploading logs soon as Norton Power Eraser is done. Figure I could just backup and wipe and reinstall my OS but I wanna see all the crap that's going on here. Googling the strange activity, processes, registry entries, and unfamiliar library files just brings up dozens of search results from GitHub. I figure this could be a very educational experience if I take the time to identify some of the infections.

Bilbo

Level 1
Thread author
May 21, 2017
Update: looks like either my attempts to remove rapport service or the power eraser have disabled all of my browsers. Either way, this thing is staying off the internet. I'll be doing the rest of the work by burning cds i guess.

Bilbo

Level 1
Thread author
May 21, 2017
Ok safemode got my browsers working!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Rkillcomment.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 1
  • tdss522.txt
    111.3 KB · Views: 0

Bilbo

Level 1
Thread author
May 21, 2017
Thanks, boss. I ran chkdsk full I'm doing an external backup of documents and I'm gonna see how a clean windows 7 install behaves. Planning on running Norton security and using malwarebytes for periodic scans, does that sound reasonable?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.