Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Blue screen everytime I try to run a scan
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Uninstalled and reinstalled Zemana Antimalware
I just installed Zemana antimalware (Free version) and right when I ran a smart scan it would blue screen right away. I tried it three times and it blue screened every time. Link for the dump file

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@TheBlue262: Your dumps is link to ntoskrnl which known for the OS to work properly, the specific error regarding to 'Driver Violation' may relate to faulty hardware based on users suffer the same BSOD.

Reactions: TheBlue262
Upvote 0

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
I too had problems twice installed & reinstalled Zam free it crashed & froze pc each time without finishing scans. Third time input exclusions in Zam before scanning for my 3 real time securities-avast free , mbam premium and mcshield, also exclusions for Zam in each, and now working great. Never had to do exclusions with on demand scanners or tools previously eg EEK , Hitman , Power Eraser , ADWCleaner etc etc so requirement unexpected-but worth trying as heard a few reports of crashes & BSOD's with this program.

Reactions: TheBlue262
Upvote 0

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
I too had problems twice installed & reinstalled Zam free it crashed & froze pc each time without finishing scans. Third time input exclusions in Zam before scanning for my 3 real time securities-avast free , mbam premium and mcshield, also exclusions for Zam in each, and now working great. Never had to do exclusions with on demand scanners or tools previously eg EEK , Hitman , Power Eraser , ADWCleaner etc etc so requirement unexpected-but worth trying as heard a few reports of crashes & BSOD's with this program.
This fixed the issue. Thanks a lot! :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.