Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I was watching a review from biozfear and out of the blue my laptop gave me a bsod...here's the info on it
Something with my video driver I think

eQdJC.jpg

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Nothing major? why is it happening? I suck at troubleshooting bluescreens

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

The driver of Nvidia made your system crashes, uninstall it, reboot, download the latest one from Nvidia Website, install it using the advanced method, select clean install.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

On one hand it is nice to know you were watching my review, but feel bad for the BSoD.

It is an issue I had on my desktop several times. It usually happened upon updating to the latest versions of the NVIDIA drivers (at least for me). So ever since then I always waited 2 builds/updates before moving to the next updated drivers pack.

Since then, never had any BSoD's, but that is just me.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well...The nvidia site said to go to the manufacturer's site which is HP but their version is from 2007 and my current version installed is march of 2009, so I tried slim drivers but it said the driver wasn't compatible so i'm sticking with the one I have becuse windows says it's the latest one, any other ideas?

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

What is your graphics card model and specs? Might be able to dig the available version.

Also what is the current version of 2009 march of drivers you have?

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

MRF71 said:
http://i.imgur.com/Whvsy.jpg

Go here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce-vista-win7-32bit-15.56-driver.html

I searched for nForce series 6 to match the details of your screenshot.

You can also download the software along with driver.

Any problem, you can always roll back.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I don't see 630m in the supported products list
nForce 6 series:
630i/GeForce 7150, 630i/GeForce 7100, 610i/GeForce 7050

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

MRF71 said:
I don't see 630m in the supported products list
nForce 6 series:
630i/GeForce 7150, 630i/GeForce 7100, 610i/GeForce 7050

thats the thing. It still supports 7150.
Edit: http://www.geforce.com/drivers <-- go here and use Automatic Driver Detection option.

Give it a try if not roll back. Ill try to find the m series again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.