Building a Security concept?!

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello MalwareTips-Community,

I try to build a security concept that can help HomeUser / SBS up to 10 Clients.

Something that is inexpensive and easy to maintain...

Not everyone can effort a multilayered approach.

So what am I looking for?

A Browser that is not hooked to the system not over Terminal Services / Citrix / Hyper-V and such. I had an Idea of using a linux box to create multi VNC logins for users and have that on a seperate IP range but then it would be expensive for homeusers. Then maybe a separate VM solution like VirtualBox but it would be hard to configure and maintain.

That is my issue right now can not figure something out that creates a separate instance but is not dependent of the current OS.

To have a separate network for User and Browsing is out of the question. Again hard to configure for the User. AppLocking with different solutions or White-listing needs to be maintained again...

Running out of ideas...

I even went so far to maybe use IPFire as HW/Solution but then cost comes in to place. Why you need HW to run it properly and it need experience to be efficient.

Ill be thankful for every advice. :D

Many thanks in advance
Val.

P.S. Is it possible to create a webbased browser that uses the IE/FF Engine? Delivered via URL or as a Service that uses the current browser of the user/s? The idea would be to use a raspberry box as a gateway to the browsing of the internet. Like this I can imagine that each session is unique and gets deleted after use... or maybe I am overthinking it. :p

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.