Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
logo.png

Why use BullGuard Virus Scan?

Ultra fast scanning in less than 60 seconds.
It’s free to detect viruses, malware, and spyware on your PC.
It’s simple. No download needed.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Looks like bitdefender licensed their free quick online scanner to bullguard

http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/en/

their both basically the same just rebranded

Reactions: kiric96

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Chrome Web Store says "This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled."

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Earth said:
Chrome Web Store says "This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled."

Weird, i can confirm firefox installed with no problems and for me chrome had no problems

2nl7kuu.png

i went to http://virus-scan.bullguard.com/ and just clicked scan now the addon confirmation poped up i clicked add and everything worked for me

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is just like BitDefender QuickScan, only scans your system's memory produces false positives and the opens the page to buy their products to remove the non-existent malware.

Just an advertising campaign to sell their products.

Thanks. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does it work for you, if you install from 'View details' in the Chrome Web Store?

Littlebits, my scan came up clean, but still offered me a download and an offer of 25% off.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
Does it work for you, if you install from 'View details' in the Chrome Web Store?

Littlebits, my scan came up clean, but still offered me a download and an offer of 25% off.

Yes will install and work- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bullguard-virus-scan/noddlmkjecdnmlfkjdlcjfbncijmjgak

Strange this time it didn't display false positives.

ko08.png

Thanks.:D

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Paul.R said:
logo.png

Why use BullGuard Virus Scan?

Ultra fast scanning in less than 60 seconds.
It’s free to detect viruses, malware, and spyware on your PC.
It’s simple. No download needed.

I would rather go for eset online scanner much effective and quarantines all existing threats....

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
BullGuard Releases Free Online Antivirus Scan : on securitywatch.pcmag.com : http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/free-downloads/313482-bullguard-releases-free-online-antivirus-scan

By Neil J. Rubenking
391961-bullguard-virus-scan.jpg
Is your antivirus program doing its job? Well, in all likelihood it is. But perhaps you'd like a second opinion? Today BullGuard has released a free online antivirus scan that you can use to double-check your protection. It just takes a minute to run, and you don't have to disable or uninstall your existing antivirus solution.
The first time you launch a scan at virus-scan.bullguard.com , it installs a tiny plug-in for your browser. Once that task is finished, you can launch a scan at any time by clicking the toolbar button.
Why BullGuard Virus Scan?"We recognize that maintaining system security is often a painful process," said BullGuard's Head of Product Management Alex Balan. "Many consumers don't have the time or inclination to constantly monitor their software." Balan explained that consumers can use the online scan any time they suspect a problem, or simply to double-check their current protection. "BullGuard Virus Scan will provide a summary of a system's security status in less than a minute, offering significant peace of mind," Balan concluded.

The press release for the new scanner points out that uninstalling your current antivirus to test and evaluate another is tedious and troublesome, and that scanning with the new product can take "up to 15 minutes" to complete (in my experience that's a low estimate). BullGuard Virus Scan is designed for use alongside existing protection, for a quick, painless security check. ..

I installed the plug-in and ran a quick scan, to get a feel for the product. BullGuard's documentation states repeatedly that it scans in "under a minute," but my first scan definitely didn't. The log clearly states that the scanner examined 1,485 files and took 571 seconds, or nearly ten minutes. However, a subsequent scan ran in just 53 seconds, as promised, and a couple more scans came in under the one-minute mark.
Naturally the scan found no malware. I keep this system squeaky clean! But I was pleased to have it verify that my current security solution (..) is indeed doing its job. ..

Reactions: Manzai

BERROHO

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2014
thank you ; but in my simple idea bulguard ; detect but he can't delet many time

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.