Battle Bullguard vs McAfee vs Other Antiviruses?

Compare list
Bullguard
McAfee
Other AV software

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
So i used avast free for a long time , had issues before that with bitdefender also kaspersky.

Avast sadly blocks ( On multiple pcs ) even with exclusions the origin overlay only a uninstall fixed it.

Sadly avira spams with ads in the free version .

So Bullguard and Mcafee can be found for 5 devices really cheap ( sub 10 even the biggest editions ) which is better specially Lightweight ?
its for pcs so i need extremely lightweight solutions
Webroot sadly slows surfing extremely down and is expensive and panda got atm really not a great protection.

Which one should i choose ? or do you know any other cheap solutions ?

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I used Bullguard IS. It was light on my system, without any ads or pop ups. The Web protection is good, the behavior blocker seems to sleep in most cases , so the static protection depends on the bitdefender signatures. But I would prefer Bullguard...McAfee has a terrible GUI and has seen better days.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

You should visit Anti-Virus4U.com for deals. McAfee has improved very much. It is not so heavy as it was in past but not consistent in protection.Never tried Bullguard. If you have low RAM you can also try F-Secure. It was light on my system. But best way to find lightest solution is install them on your PC and test them as all give 30 days trial.Norton is also a good one.(on antivirus4u.com please first read their policy)
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
My vote goes to McAfee with improved detection and performance (tested a few weeks back Endpoint protection and internet security) , it feels very nice on computer.... Bullguard i tried one time and it was so heavy it slowed down every program on my system.
For now i stay with free AV

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.