bunchuu main laptop security configuration

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello :)

I think you don't need bullguard virus scan since you have already BIS and Webroot.

Then alternative for backup software is built in from Windows or third party like AOIMEI Backup or Macrium Reflect for system image.

A bit overkill when you have Anti-Executable, let the UAC make the job since you configure at highest settings.

Last edited:

bunchuu

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Hello :)

I think you don't need bullguard virus scan since you have already BIS and Webroot.

Then alternative for backup software is built in from Windpws or third party like AOIMEI Backup or Macrium Reflect for system image.

A bit overkill when you have Anti-Executable, let the UAC make the job since you configure at highest settings.

Thanks for your review. I will consider your advice. :)

bunchuu

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I have removed bullguard and installed aomei backupper pro :D. For MBAM, I got MBAM premium.
Sorry for uncomplete information. MBAM blocked several malicious websites when I was using uTorrent :)

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
can you tell how your system got infected by malware recently.
Which antivirus you were using at that time.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Wow, a lot of virus scanner, a very secured PC. Congrats!
I suggest you to unistall Eagleget and install the extension DownThemAll! for Mozilla Firefox.

:D

Reactions: Logethica

bunchuu

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
can you tell how your system got infected by malware recently.
Which antivirus you were using at that time.
My last malware infection was my mistake, I used "compromised" software (pirated version of bitdefender) and freeware (MBAM free and immunet). Immunet can block and quarantine but cannot effectively removed malware.
So, I uninstalled pirated software, start new clean installation and use "non-pirated" AV (paid/giveaway/freeware) also add anti exploit and anti executable.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.