cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Dima- I'm not at all familiar with this Gold AV and seemingly won't be as there is no trial version available on their website- you can either buy it or not. However there is a free version on CNET (this is version 1.1 and is not listed on goldantivirus.com). The product is made (?) by M1 Business Group from God alone knows where (possibly Australia).

So although I didn't acquire the paid product I did download and install the free version from CNET. For the first time I remember I wasn't able to do any testing; the AV was taking up between 80-99% of the CPU for the 15 minutes after installation which made everything else unusable. The only conclusion that I can make is that the paid version has to be better than the free, as it couldn't possibly be worse.

Alchemists always tried to turn trash into Gold; M1 seems to have turned Gold into Trash.

Update- On looking at the banner ad on Goldantivirus.com I note that the product is also called Antivagold, which can be found here: http://www.antivagold.com/index.php

Same website setup, same no trial, and I'm sure the same scam.

Last edited:

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
This is under Antivagold's privacy notice. 6. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA: Access to the website by the User and the acquisition of products and services and the use of content via the website implies the processing of personal data. Complying with legislation governing the processing of personal data and information society services and electronic commerce is of the utmost importance to Panda. Hmmm Panda? Interesting.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
This is under Antivagold's privacy notice. 6. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA: Access to the website by the User and the acquisition of products and services and the use of content via the website implies the processing of personal data. Complying with legislation governing the processing of personal data and information society services and electronic commerce is of the utmost importance to Panda. Hmmm Panda? Interesting.

Well that's interesting!;)
Some sort of affiliation to Panda I assume?

The managing Director apparently lives in Los Angeles:
skrin

Last edited:

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Thanks cruelsister, great job

Last edited:

emmanuel

Jan 13, 2014
hey guys,I am from Kenya and a reliable source of info has it that the bunifu sniper antivirus is under serious test runs and will be available around april 2014 for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.