Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Any review for Sniper Antivirus? I am debating to download and try, what do you think?

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

Bunifu sniper Anti-virus is a product of Bunifu Technologies Kenya. All rights reserved. Registered trademarks and service marks are the property of the respective owners.

This is the first Kenyan and African developed working Anti-virus .It has been designed and developed by some of our most skilled and experienced programmers and engineers in the industry. Our Anti-virus comes with the following unique features.

• Wireless and LAN scanner.
  • Document & File repair and restore
  • Folder Repair and restore
  • File and folder unlock.
  • Wireless and LAN threat sensor.
  • Batch safe-mode repair script generator
  • Linux repair script generator
  • Pro-active real-time file system surveillance and monitoring for threats
  • Internet and firewall security
  • Automated removable media scan.
  • Bunifu anti-piracy Licensing module for piracy protection.
System requirements
A minimum:

• Speed of 1 Ghz
  • 512 MB of RAM
  • 300 MB of free memory in Drive C
  • A CD/ DVD Drive is required
  • Supported operating systems
  • Microsoft XP
  • Microsoft windows 7 (*32/ *64)
  • Microsoft windows 8 (*32/ *64)
With our programming and engineering knowledge and experience, we brought together our skills to develop what promises to be one of the world’s best Anti-virus. Whereas with most anti-viruses where some viruses persists even after a full system scan while other viruses are invisible altogether. Our file system scan engine and the windows kernel service which depends on our virus definition database work together to be able to detect viruses in the system drives, networks and removable media. With the knowledge of data transmission including wireless and LAN the virus scan engine can access shared network drives based on the device visible IP or Mac address and do a complete scan and disinfection of viruses.

The release of our home edition will be sometime in late August 2013. Stay tuned to this website for updates. You can also stay posted with our face book page “Bunifu Sniper Anti-virus” or our twitter handle “@BunifuSniper”

Progressive Version Skins

Sniper Antivirus version 1.0

Sniper Antivirus version 2.0

Sniper Antivirus version 3.0

Sniper Antivirus version 4.0

http://bunifu.co.ke/bunifu/?page_id=2550

Reactions: tapoo
D

Deleted member 178

looks like a rogue lol

not to say most of the scam mails comes from Africa, and we all knows that theuy employ strong sorcerors and shamans :p

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Interesting. But unless it's compatible with other antiviruses I can't see myself making room for it, choosing it over well-known programs.

D

Deleted member 178

yes and no.

for the scam, i saved one friend that almost lost 2000$ from one brilliantly made from a nigerian supposed-to-be ex-minister ; for the shaman/sorceror it is not so stereotypes but true facts, since it is in most African cultures they are leaders (now for some of us like me i do not believe their magical powers)

but i think every people that wandered online get acrossed those scams or shamans want-to-exorcise-you-of-your-unluckiness

thanks

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hmmmm...Im going to 2nd Umbra's thoughts.Maybe it's just me but after the first 2 GUI screenshots,Im not putting it on my machines.

Seems like the graphic designer got better with each new skin.Not that that has anything to do with the program itself but it does foster a bit of skepticism on the program.

Not really much to their website but who knows it might be "one of the World's best Anti-Virus".I will take a pass though.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
About the looks... you've got to remember that it's a different culture. It's the same with some Asian graphical user interfaces that seem childish to many westerners, but are normal there. My first impression is this is legit, but of course I could be wrong.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The product as noted has not been released as yet. but apparently is imminent. The issue is that they submitted a PR note to local (Kenyan) media about the product...

which in turn was picked up by media outside the country...

which in turn was picked up by news consolidators...

which in turn led to discussions on Security Boards...

which in turn resulted in this Post.

It isn't a scam at all, but will no doubt be trash (not that I prejudge or am overly critical, of course).

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for the answers. Do not understand how the current version is 4.0 and there is no available download links for previous or current versions?

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
I found another new player: GOLD antivirus
What's going on here, guys and lady (cruelsister)?

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Right, so I asked what's going on here?
GOLD antivirus the current version is 3.0
But no download link for any version

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
OK. Thanks.
What about GOLD antivirus?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.