Macrium

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The problem with cylance was never the soft, it has, like every soft, it's strength and weaknesses. The problem was the shady marketing behavior of the company.

Yeah, one of the reasons I never downloaded Cylance was because of the "Unbelievably Deceptive" Tour -- or whatever it was called. Based on all the chatter about Cylance here... I decided to look at it again.

When I asked if they recommended pairing it with another security product they offered this lame jive: "It depends on what you are doing." Like what? Sounds like a pile of horse ####, but it was from the horse, of course.

Yeah, that's incredibly lame. I've not really dealt with them, so I have no experience with them.

Personally I would remove Norton Premium and not Malwarebytes; the reason for this is that the latter isn't an antivirus but an antivirus replacement, so potential incompatibilities and system impact hit should be lower.​

Certainly if one looks at product trends, Norton could be on a downward trajectory right now. And I hope.... MBAM is on an upward trajectory right now.

I contacted Cylance, asking precisely about the difference in Protect v. Smart Antivirus (just to hear it from the horse's mouth!) and the response I got was: "No Script Control or Memory Protection"..

Even tho C can be a complementary for other AVs, you must pay for it and it's very new (about a month) old product stepping into home user market, I would still take caution about it.

Oh, good point. I'm not running the Cylance Smart Antivirus. I'm running one of their other ones that comes free through my employer.... and I can't seem to see which one it is. This extension of the enterprise product has been out and in use by employee groups for quite a while now... but I'm not sure how long. Oops... Yes, I am running Cylance Smart Antivirus.
1535941940075.png

As you can see, they are very generous with the number of free licenses they give us..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

i still cant even buy or even trial it, because im not in the "favored" countries.

Reactions: oldschool

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Ok, well someone needs to try 4 AV's then, just to see if it works. We could actually have a contest, most AV's installed on a operable computer, who's in? I'm hoping for at least 5. Post your results.:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Yes you can, just use VPN and PayPal. Upon registering account afterwards and managing dashboard you don't need VPN anymore. Support also answers requests even if you are from other country, it doesn't matter, they will just state "they don't support your country". That sentence has no affect on foreign users experience using software.

At this time, Cylance Smart Antivirus is only for sale in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Wales, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. The product is only available in the English language. We are looking to expand support for additional languages and countries in the near future.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.