AV-Comparatives Business Security Test 2023 (March – June)

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The first half-year report of AV-Comparatives’ 2023 Enterprise main-test series containing a Real-World Protection, Malware Protection and Performance Test has been released. Product reviews are also included in the report.

The business and enterprise test report encompasses the test results from the first half of 2023, covering Real-World Protection, Malware Protection, Performance (Speed Impact), and False-Positives Tests. The report provides complete details of the testing methodologies and outcomes.

The test series evaluated endpoint security solutions from 16 leading vendors serving enterprise and SMB sectors. The vendors included are: Avast, Bitdefender, CISCO, CrowdStrike, Cybereason, Elastic, ESET, G Data, K7, Kaspersky, Microsoft, Sophos, Trellix, VIPRE, VMware, and WatchGuard.

With the rapidly evolving threat landscape, antivirus vendors face new and emerging challenges. The test report showcases how security products have adapted and enhanced their protection capabilities over the years.

You can find the full report on the test outcomes here:

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/business-security-test-2023-march-june/
Please note that the results of the Business Main-Test Series cannot be compared with the results of the Consumer Main-Test Series, as the tests are done at different times, with different sets, different settings, etc.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
sure but 16 decide to be tested, "curious" is why Di & CP chose not to participate. Help them, hurt them, or non-issue...
The AV-Comparatives business test, like many other tests of theirs, is a joke. I don’t know why they still waste time struggling to perform tests instead of making their way to the local supermarket and checking-out purchases there. They will be more successful as cashiers.

The purpose of any EDR is to provide visibility. For visibility there are other tests such as this:
Note that this test does not compare EDRs to one another and it does not test for false positives.

I suggest anyone not to waste time with AVC.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
The AV-Comparatives business test, like many other tests of theirs, is a joke. I don’t know why they still waste time struggling to perform tests instead of making their way to the local supermarket and checking-out purchases there. They will be more successful as cashiers.

The purpose of any EDR is to provide visibility. For visibility there are other tests such as this:
Note that this test does not compare EDRs to one another and it does not test for false positives.

Funny that in that test Checkpoint did worse than Bitdefender but only by 1 detection which was a encrypted C&C connection.

Reactions: [correlate]

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

I got that... surprise for me goes both ways, curious why the 16 business enterprise who tested, chose AVC.

thanks for this link!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.