busted computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Account

Thread author
Oct 19, 2011
Hi all advice needed I Have a non booting pc.
when i press the power button the 2 fan run then it stops dose not go fare enough to beep or boot to bios, I have replaced the power button to no avail,
so is it the cpu or the board ?

D

Deleted member 178

do you have another power supply at hand? if yes test it with the motherboard, also check the case attached speaker, maybe it is disconnected or broken so you dont have any beep.

Account

Thread author
Oct 19, 2011
ok working fast stuck in other power supply another power supply same problem

I

illumination

If the power supply unit is not malfunctioning, it is probably the motherboard. There is one thing you can try, it is not always recommended but has worked for me in the past. Leave the power supply plugged into your outlet, and unplug the main supply from the power unit to the motherboard, while you still have electricity running to the power supply, plug the main supply line back into the motherboard, essentially jump starting the motherboard. Let me know what happens at this point and will go from there.

Keep in mind, it is not always recommended as you can fry the motherboard trying this, but if you are already having issues to the point of not being able to reach the BIOS and or getting the beeps and tones to tell you what the problem is, then this will not matter much to try.

Account

Thread author
Oct 19, 2011
thyr did not work also tried resetting the bios using the Jumpers did not work

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
have you a antistatic mat? if so set the mobo with psu cpu ram ect on then try to see of it boots out side of the case, i still think its shorting

Account

Thread author
Oct 19, 2011
ok no antistatic mat , This is the second mobo in a year , the last one blew , Biostar GRRR

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
If the fan starts even for a second theres power going to the board so i doubt its the MOBO i still highly think its just shorting out, because ive had simlar to you.

can you see a green Led light on your mobo?

Account

Thread author
Oct 19, 2011
hi Nathan its dead no longer any power going to the board no light , no start up , no fan , tried other power supply , no result , can no longer get a peep out of it , so new approach since this is the second board to go in less than a year, it think i need to have the power in the house checked .
I want to thank u Nathan and umbrapolaris and thewolfsmith72 for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.