(C:)\Windows\syswow64\svchost| Another svchost appeared and is using more then 50% of my PC's CPU

luashfu

Thread author
Jun 16, 2018
I've found a video :
It says that there should only be one svchost in C:\windows\system32. It's true that I have that in that location and more appeared at different locations. The video/description says that any other ones in different places are viruses/malware and i should get rid of them. But I know that svchost is an important file to my computer so I'm worried about deleting the one thats using 55% of my CPU in the location (C:)\Windows\syswow64\svchost. Should I delete it or not?

luashfu

Thread author
Jun 16, 2018
It appears that it was worse then it seemed. I'm new so when I went to the guidelines and tried to go to the link to download the farbar scanner. My chrome browser immediately shuts down. Then I tried searching it on google. I found out that anything I search that contains farbar or any link that contains the word farbar it would shut down my browser(which is chrome by the way)

luashfu

Thread author
Jun 16, 2018
Nevermind. I used bing on a different browser and it didn't shut it down. I used avast secure browser. But it still concerns me that I can't do it on chrome

luashfu

Thread author
Jun 16, 2018
Well I downloaded the farbar recovery scan tool and now i've encountered another problem. The virus/malware on my pc prevents me from opening the file

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

• Now you should get a window like this where you need to click Troubleshoot.
Windows-10-2.jpg

• In the next window, click Advanced options and select Command Prompt.
  • Now you should log in into your account and after that Command Promptwindow.
notepad.png
Access the notepad and identify your USB drive

In the Command Prompt please type in:
Code:
notepad
and press Enter.
  • When the notepad opens, go to File menu.
  • Select Open.
  • Go to Computer and search there for your USB drive letter.
  • Note down the letter and close the notepad.

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Once back in the command prompt window, please do the following:
  • Type in e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.
    You need to replace e with the letter of your USB drive taken from notepad!
  • FRST will start to run. Give him a minute or so to load itself.
  • Click Yes to Disclaimer.
  • In the main console, please click Scan and wait.
  • When finished it will produce a logfile named FRST.txt in the root of your pendrive and display it. Close that logfile.

Transfer it to your clean machine and include it in your next reply.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.