C0ltran3's Configuration

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You have Avast Premier, you are covered if you utilise the SafeZone browser. Sandboxie is also another good one.

Avast FAQ | Avast 2016: Frequently Asked Questions - General
The SafeZone browser replaces the previous SafeZone for safer shopping and banking. Pay Mode runs automatically on banking sites to protect you while you conduct online transactions in a private, secure environment. You can be sure that your personal data cannot be monitored by spyware or key-logging software when banking or shopping online.

SafeZone browser also includes several useful extensions: Ad Blocker, Do Not Track, Web-Reputation, Video-Downloader and Safe-Price.
Avast FAQ | Avast 2016: Frequently Asked Questions - New Features
SafeZone browser gives you control of how websites monitor your web activities with Do Not Track, and keeps your browsing habits and data private if you share a computer or account. You can manually set what information you want to share with specific sites.

The browser automatically opens banking sites in Pay mode. Pay mode isolates the session and protects it from keyloggers and other potential malware or spyware. In Pay mode you can be sure that your financial transactions are safe and your activities are not being tracked.

Upgrade to Avast 2016 (v11) today, for the new SafeZone browser.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
thanks Huracan
Is the upgrade free ? Should I uninstall my version of Avast or can I install it over the present?
OOPs I found the right link thanks

If you have Avast Premier you can dump Sandboxie since Avast Premier has a Sandbox already :)

Reactions: c0ltran3

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
Thanks for the answers.Two more questions:1)do you think would beuseful to add Malwarebyte sAntimalware in real time protection or would be redundant? 2)it is usefull to add EMET?

Reactions: Logethica
L

LabZero

Thanks for the answers.Two more questions:1)do you think would beuseful to add Malwarebyte sAntimalware in real time protection or would be redundant? 2)it is usefull to add EMET?

Well, if you have a MBAM Pro license you can of course enable the real time protection without conflicts and take advantage of other features: https://support.malwarebytes.org/cu...ytes-anti-malware-free-and-premium-?b_id=6438

About the second question, I see that you have MBAE and then isn't advisable to add EMET because It's not necessary and you don't need It.
Also there may be possible conflicts, regarding some apps (IE and Firefox for example) you must disable EMET protection for: EAF, SimExecOverflow, ASR.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
c0ltran3, your configuration is a solid fortress against such primary concerns as financial data :eek:theft!;) Last year, I'd also enjoyed Avast! Premier's protections. I'd never included it's own enhancement to Windows firewall, and was surely just being overly cautious.:oops: I wish I had, for this is where Shadow Defender shines!:D The SafeZone browser looks to be much improved. When logging in or performing transactions with Waterfox or Chrome, using LastPass (either the free app or browser extension) can add both the added security of 256 AES "advanced encryption security" plus the ease of auto form filling convenience which simplifies my own 2 steps when logging on here at MT!:rolleyes:
It is still among my favorite most often relied upon extensions/system apps. available here:
PS Thank you for sharing! I like your set up, the bulk of your software, and as you can tell by the over sized banner (below) that looks just like a kite missing it's tail,o_O I do continue to make use of Sandboxie as well!:):) Although, at times, it's had a record of becoming a bit buggy alongside some Windows updates, I'm hoping (as with my own household) that it has smoothed itself out for you with it's latest update (vers. 5.05.2).;) I've found it to be worth keeping for every one of it's 'virtual' reasons.:p

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty strong and well covered. I suggest to explore more and tweak some configuration for Avast Primier.

The firewal of Avast is more simplified yet easy to set up so it should be sufficient already.

For exploit attacks, just regularly update those target applications like browser, PDF and many more.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

nothing to add, if you are worried about data theft , consider an encryption software like Veracrypt (Truecrypt successor)

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
I have an old license for Outpost firewall that does not use more than several years .
I was thinking to try the product but I wanted to ask you how do you judge Outpost now .
It ' a product outdated? It ' very heavy and conflicts with other products ?
Thanks for the answers .

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Outpost Firewall is good which alternative to Comodo's heavy/complex firewall capabilities.

The pop-up integration for user interaction can be easily understand powered by Community Cloud Color Coded to obtain default response.

Green = Trusted, Yellow = Suspicious and Red = Untrusted.

The product is currently active in development and last Oct 2015 their product already supported to Windows 10.

Agnitum Blog

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.