HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Verified
Developer
CamWings is a free anti-camera software that prevents (malicious) software from using your cameras. If you want to test the security of CamWings, try any camera software!

Requires Android 6 or newer.
You can download it here: CamWings for Android™
Playstore URL: <already submitted>

We hope for feedback on possible errors so that we can further improve the product.

upnorth

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
@HSDev: are You aware of this? :unsure:
I would guess he is and, IMO all developers should take care of possible false positives ( FP ) before they release their software/s. It's not impossible mission!

I'm 100% fully aware that reporting FPs takes time but, in the end it's all about trust and results like this ain't really helping. I even been helpful and friendly enough once before and got FPs reported and confirmed on another software but, this time I'll pass as in my opinion it's the developers responsibility.

Last edited:

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Verified
Developer
@upnorth "It's not impossible mission!" Nothing is impossible, but for a small team releasing free software to you, it is.
I personally want to explain why we cannot all false positives.
Uploading the file to Virustotal always increases the false detections. Some vendors use online submissions, some zipped e-mails, some zipped with a password, some require a paid version, sometimes we have to respond to their e-mails, ...
We would have to continuously monitor all vendors, not only for a few days. That is why we need your help, otherwise we could not continue to release that many free applications. Thanks to anyone reporting false positives!

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Verified
Developer
@harlan4096 Thank you for reporting the false positive.

We usually try to fix the most important false positives. Anyway we cannot monitor the dynamic going-ons 24/7. That is why we are thankful that our users report them as friendly turn.