Serious Discussion Can Anti-Viruses stop RATS that have their connection established?

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Yes, it's the only way apart from reinstalling. SAC is half backed product which is still in a nascent stage of its development, so don't waste your time on it. It's not worth it. The switching off can be triggered by installation of any kind of software, it's highly unpredictable. I have seen it getting switched off by installation of revo uninstaller pro, which is a digitally signed legitimate software.
You can stop the auto triggering of SAC by manually changing it from "evaluation" mode to "on" state after resetting/reinstall, before installing any 3rd party software. But keep in mind that SAC will prevent installation of software it doesn't like and there is no option to add an "exception" to it. So to me Smart App Control is anything but smart.
That explains it the system have Revo uninstaller pro on it!

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Screen recording cant really be triggered as a malicious action since other applications do it, such as legitimate screen recorders.
Also, what about taking files from your PC, like Remote Access? The Anti-Virus should detect it, right?
Of course screen recording can't be triggered as a malicious action, but it can definitely trigger an antivirus to monitor the program, that's what I said. In essence, any "malicious behaviour" may be safe, for example using your webcam, accessing to your microphone, or logging your keys; and they can also be malicious. Depending on the antivirus technology, some of these actions may trigger a deeper monitoring of the program, but of course, not an instant block.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Of course screen recording can't be triggered as a malicious action, but it can definitely trigger an antivirus to monitor the program, that's what I said. In essence, any "malicious behaviour" may be safe, for example using your webcam, accessing to your microphone, or logging your keys; and they can also be malicious. Depending on the antivirus technology, some of these actions may trigger a deeper monitoring of the program, but of course, not an instant block.
Yeap I get alerts and a request each time a mic recording or web cam access is triggered. Also get an alert if any new keyboard or program acting as a keyboard is connected.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Yeap I get alerts and a request each time a mic recording or web cam access is triggered. Also get an alert if any new keyboard or program acting as a keyboard is connected.
Which Anti-Virus does that? With Kaspersky, you get Mic and Webcam Warnings with Application Control

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.