Advice Request Can anyone please test Comodo against the famous Scorpion malware and share the results?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
If I remember correctly, using the the cs settings+disabled file rating, it will run the same. Video will start in full screen but it will not do anything after that. You can close the video via ctrl+alt+tab
This one I've tried does exactly that. It opens a full-screen road video Comodo virtualizes it. and closes with ctrl + alt + tab closes.
this can an old variant of the same family. :giggle:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Windows smartscreen is going to prevent it from running, so no need for comodo :unsure:

And if you deny smartscreens prompt > comodo for sure is going to sandbox it. But you dont benefit from the sandbox in this case , because you already didnt believe smartscreen wich did same as comodo did now

Now you just clear the sandbox , remove file as suggested and youre fine

But if you run the file against comodo antivirus, sandbox disabled it would be different case

I dont understand why it should be tested against this

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Where is the default deny feature of "Comodo" found? Forgive my ignorance. Is it part of Defense+?

What I'm really asking is, is it a part of the AV or FW or CIS or what?

Last edited:

Allego

Level 2
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
I don't think so, because that one is detected by Kaspersky, and Scorpion 3.1 still is not detected, still waiting final verdict after 12 hours :sick:
I've been sending this item to them multiple times and yet didn't receive any "human" response from them.

Reactions: bribon77

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
If I remember correctly, using the the cs settings+disabled file rating, it will run the same. Video will start in full screen but it will not do anything after that. You can close the video via ctrl+alt+tab
That's really impressive to be honest as it implies that COMODO was actually able to protect the system. From the results at MT it looks like Scorpion is really a sophisticated malware since it trashes vm's even when they are in shadow mode using shadow defender. After restarting from shadow mode users are greeted with a black screen.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.