Advice Request Can anyone share their voodoo config?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Basic.png
Advanced.png

I also disable the countdown timer for prompts.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Either of the above suggestions will give you more prompts>user interaction. I use VS like @RoboMan does. It really depends on how comfortable you feel with your setup. BTW, what else do use with VS? In any case, I suggest becoming familiar with the UI and available settings. If you click on the "info" toggles next to VS Mode and Security Posture it has flyouts with explanations. One thing to know is that AutoPilot is the recommended mode for testing purposes, because it then functions more a traditional antivirus. Most people use Always On or Smart after VS is trained.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Is it a good idea will version 5 of Vs to leave always on ?

I use Always On without any problems at all. It is my preferred mode. Smart, Autopilot and Always On are simply a matter of preference. I sometimes switch to Autopilot, but never Smart. Autopilot functions more like an AV (except no auto-scanning files), but is also dependent on other settings.

If you are asking in regards to the number of pop-ups you will see, this depends more on your chosen overall configuration, including Security Posture and other settings. "Aggressive" will give you the most, followed by "Moderate", etc. The number of pop-ups you see will also depend on other settings available in VS Pro. @Arequire's configuration posted above is a good example of a configuration that will result in many prompts.

I always suggest users become very familiar with the GUI in order to understand the many ways to use VS. Experiment to see what setup suits you. You may always post questions here, or at VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread Stay safe, but not paranoid! (y)

Edit: Autopilot mode + moderate security posture = most like an AV

Last edited:

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I applied the settings talked about above thanks everyone, it took me a little while to find the settings in the latest version because of the outdated user guide

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.