Advice Request Can I downgrade back to Windows 7 from Windows 10?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

hancafe

Thread author
Jun 6, 2019
If you don't like Windows 10 on a specific computer after updating can you go back to Windows 7 easily ?

The reason I ask is because this laptop I am not sure if it will run Windows 10 well enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dave Russo and Brie

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I recommend you to try multiple versions of windows to see what is the best. W10 tends to run slowly on cheap laptops, you may not notice it if you don't use "better" versions
On computers very slow processors and only integrated graphics, Windows 10 tends to run slowly. An example is that it can take a second or so between pressing the Windows key and Start Menu displaying. On the same systems, Windows 8 often run much faster. However, performance has improved a lot with build 1903 of Windows 10. For example, on one of my old laptops, there is now only a very slight delay in opening the Start Menu, which finally makes Windows 10 usable on that computer.

The A6-9220e processor should be more than fast enough to run any build of Windows 10 well.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
On computers very slow processors and only integrated graphics, Windows 10 tends to run slowly. An example is that is can take a second or so between pressing the Windows key and Start Menu displaying. On the same systems, Windows 8 often run much faster. However, performance has improved a lot with build 1903 of Windows 10. For example, on one of my old laptops, there is now only a very slight delay in opening the Start Menu, which finally makes Windows 10 usable on that computer.

The A6-9220e processor should be more than fast enough to run any build of Windows 10 well.
I think the honeymoon period lasts for a few months than everything will start lagging especially after several bad windows updates. The machine will reach the state when every tweak and cleanup will be unable to bring back the original speed
reinstallation is a must
Since I installed 8.1, completely blocked WinUpdates and do regular cleanup weekly, my laptop has been running like the 1st month I installed it, almost, even on HDD
for me, this is a lot more important than security

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@Evjl's Rain My laptop stays running fast, even after updating. To keep it running fast, I don't have lots of programs installed. Also because I install and uninstall a fair amount of software to test it, I use Total Uninstall to monitor all installations, so that I can uninstall everything cleanly.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.