Can I use MalwareBytes Pro with Kaspersky PURE 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Hello,

Is it possible to use MalwaBytes Pro with Kaspersky PURE 3.0? I ask this because both programs have real time protection, and some people say that it may cause conflicts. That makes sense, but would it be a problem when using MB and KS PURE 3.0, since they work on 'different' areas?

Thank you!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You can but I would use MBAM as an on demand scanner with real time protection turned off.I have a pro license(which I was given free) so thats how I use it.However if you are contemplating buying the pro version I would say use the free version as an on demand scanner with Pure

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
You can but I would use MBAM as an on demand scanner with real time protection turned off.I have a pro license(which I was given free) so thats how I use it.However if you are contemplating buying the pro version I would say use the free version as an on demand scanner with Pure

Thank you! But wouldn't it (real time protection) cause any conflict between themselves in some moment?

You can use it with just about any antivirus.

Without worries?

Thank you guys!

Reactions: Oxygen

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Thank you! But wouldn't it (real time protection) cause any conflict between themselves in some moment?

Without worries?

Thank you guys!

I've used malwarebytes with kaspersky in the past and I had no problems at all.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
I would suggest you install malwarebytes free version just to be sure the realtime driver will not cause any issues.
Though if you just disable the realtime protection, there should be no issues

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@BlackShot What benefits do you think you'll gain from using MBAM?

Malwarebytes Free is great as an on-demand scanner, if ever you were infected.

I

illumination

You can run both at the same time, even set exclusions for each other, although as stated by a few, you would be better off running it as a On-Demand, saving system resources.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! This is MHO. These days you need more than just a anti-virus to protect you. As stated in above post. Malwarebytes Pro runs in real time just fine with all anti-virus programs. Using it to scan your PC to remove malware is great; but even better, running Malwarebytes Pro in real time with your anti-virus will keep the bad guys from ever reaching your PC. I have lost track of how many malicious IP's MBAM Pro has blocked for me. I would never go on line without MBAM Pro. You can also use Ad-Adware free. Works like MBAM Pro but IMHO not nearly as affective!
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
Combining our legendary anti-spyware with a powerful antivirus, Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ enhances them with real-time protection, download protection and continuously updated filters against malicious URLs, providing top-of-the-line anti-malware protection for the casual computer user.

You can run both at the same time, even set exclusions for each other, although as stated by a few, you would be better off running it as a On-Demand, saving system resources.
Hi! Running it on demand only removes the bad guys. Running it in real time with your anti-virus keeps the bad guys from ever getting on your PC. Thrust me. I know these things. Why allow the bad guys to get in when the MBAM Pro won't let them in??

Last edited by a moderator:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I am sorry, but your posting seems to consist only of marketing phrases and there is nothing tangible to indicate that you need MBAM in real-time if you already have Kaspersky. In my opinion, if a user manages to get infected with Kaspersky running, he needs to work on himself and not install additional programs; and if you are so convinced that you need more than just an anti-virus, why install another one that offers absolutely nothing beside signatures and heuristics? Speaking of technology level, MBAM is the most antiquated solution out there.

It's awesome for removal of course.

Reactions: Cch123

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
I agree. I don't see any advantage of using MBAM with Kaspersky. Kaspersky's internal engine is definitely more advanced than MBAM, especially when it comes to rootkits etc. Sure, Kaspersky might miss a few samples, but then again no antivirus is perfect. However, the chance is extremely rare in a real world scenario given Kaspersky's multilayered protections and there is no need for MBAM.

Also note that both AVs have kernel drivers to catch malware processes, and when they start acting at the same time they can cause conflicts. Whitelisting the other antivirus process is not going to help.

Kumaran

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2013
I've used malwarebytes with norton internet security and Zemana AntiLogger in the past and I had no problems at all.

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Thank you guys for the answers! As I can see, I should have no problems using Malwarebytes Pro along with Kaspersky PURE 3.0. But, also, I noted that it's maybe not necessary at all. As I'm already on Malwarebytes Pro version, I'll keep it on my PC, but I'll disable some functions.

If you guys want, can keep the debate on!

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Well ! When the damn Chinese try to hack in to your PC aver 700+ times, you'll change your mind about running MBAM Pro in real time with your anti-virus. I've been there and done that, but you you do what ever you think you need to do. I have a life time license for MBAM . MBAM has blocked malicious IP's from China and Russia several times and I'm not some newbie;not my first rodeo. I've checked the IP's with VirusTotal and they are malicious IP's. If you have the license, your foolish not to have all the options turned on.
You can keep the debate going on, but I have posted my last reply about this!!
https://www.virustotal.com/

Reactions: Kumaran

Mike Swan

Oct 28, 2014
Hi guys, first post here. I have always used Kaspersky and been happy with it, but recently resurrected an old XP laptop which turned out to be full of legal but horrible ad ware. I loaded K and after some time it declared all was OK but it was not. There was still a whole pile of just awful ad-ware playing havoc with my Firefox. On recommendation I loaded Malwarebites, after a great deal of fighting with the ad-ware, and following a scan where MB found 49 nasties, everything is now superb. This post is is to say, first Thank you very much MB and to anyone worrying about using K with MB, don't worry, they seem to work very well together.

Reactions: tonibalas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.