Advice Request Can I use VoodooShield Free with Bitdefender TS & Zemana Pro?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
can i use voodooshield free + bitdefender paid + zemana pro with out messing up my operating system? i am on windows 10, creators update, 64-bit, core i5 processor, 8gb DDR4 ram.

i bought bitdefender. i got voodooshield free. then i got a free license for zemana. is this too much?

i am a PC beginner.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

can i use voodooshield free + bitdefender paid + zemana pro with out messing up my operating system? i am on windows 10, creators update, 64-bit, core i5 processor, 8gb DDR4 ram.

i bought bitdefender. i got voodooshield free. then i got a free license for zemana. is this too much?

i am a PC beginner.

I'd probably use Bit Defender and VooodooShield, leaving Zemana to be on-demand second opinion. No real need for Zemana Realtime and Pandora with VS and BD both protecting you.. IMO

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
I'd probably use Bit Defender and VooodooShield, leaving Zemana to be on-demand second opinion. No real need for Zemana Realtime and Pandora with VS and BD both protecting you.. IMO
thank you for responding.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Bitdefender and VS combined might lead to some serious slowdowns in my opinion. is your i5 a desktop i5 or a U series Notebook i5?

I haven't used Bit Defender in a long time, but we test it 2 times a year and it always exhibits bugs and instability, so you may be right. But VS seems ultra-light, so I am unsure why it would conflict?

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Personally, I don't foresee why you couldn't use Bitdefender, VoodooShield, and Zemana together. I do agree that you may see a significant slowdown in your computer with everything running in real time. I would side with others in having Zemana being turned off for real time - use it as an on demand scanner.

Depending on how strong your processor is you shouldn't see any massive slow down, but you will notice some decrease in speed. Like @ForgottenSeer 58943 has mentioned there can be some instability - hence the reason why I do not use Bitdefender due to some of the instability issues. Never-the-less, the software itself together is all great. If you take a look at my security config you will see that I use VS real time, Zemana real time, and Norton real time. I do not see any slowdowns with my applications. Sure it may take my computer a millisecond longer to initiate everything at start up, but that is very small.

Hope this helps!

Brian

Reactions: Brie and vtqhtr413

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I would just use Voodooshield and Zemena. No need really for Bitdefender. Voodooshield protects the browsers and anything downloaded. Zemena has excellent antimalware protection.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Bitdefender and VS combined might lead to some serious slowdowns in my opinion. is your i5 a desktop i5 or a U series Notebook i5?

I have tested bitdefender free + vs free. On my old system with SSD and i7 very light..No slowdowns or handbreak. But every system has another peformance

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I have tested bitdefender free + vs free. On my old system with SSD and i7 very light..No slowdowns or handbreak. But every system has another peformance
well Bitdefender Free and Bitdefender Internet Security are two different things tho.
Latest VS 4.21 is performing exceptionally well right now so I might retract my statement.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
it is a desktop, 2.71ghz, i5.

thank you all for replying.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

keep zemana on-demand, disable the realtime parts of it and you should be good.
also make sure you download the latest voodooshield: https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield421.exe

4.21 is giving me a fail to load, same as Triple Helix and others reported on CoU Forum. I reported it to Dan. 4.20b worked fine though. Keeping Dan appraised of false positives and other issues but v4 is getting really close to being where he needs it I think, it's running way better.

Reactions: Azure and Brie
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello,yes I would think so,I use Bitdefender Total Security+Malwarebytes Premium+Zemana(real time protection turned off)+Voodoo-Shield Pro+Heimdal Pro & HitmanPro.:)

Reactions: Brie

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
4.21 is giving me a fail to load, same as Triple Helix and others reported on CoU Forum. I reported it to Dan. 4.20b worked fine though. Keeping Dan appraised of false positives and other issues but v4 is getting really close to being where he needs it I think, it's running way better.
I have no issues, had no issues with 4.20b either, 4.20 had service running issues.
Tho VS doesn't like GData's firewall inspection, shows "no connection detected" for a while.

Reactions: Brie
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.