Completely agree this not really a browser speed read test, of coarse it will test your browser's ability to speed read but the results doesn't just show your browser's speed, it shows the speed of your complete system. Since each browser on different systems may have different speeds the only way to know for yourself is to test each browser (without any add-ons) on the exact same system with the exact security setup then compare results.
Other issues that can affect speed results includes:
* Processor speed
* installed RAM
* Display adapter and settings
* Windows Experience Index
* Screen resolution
* browser window size
* browser plugins and extensions
* more than one open browser tab
* security software products (AV's, firewalls, HIPS, password managers)
* other running processes on your system especially anything using the web (like updaters, downloaders, messengers, email clients, games, etc.)
* possible even more issues...