Can Your Browser Speed Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
it is the speed reading test for your browser.......
i got 12 seconds with internet explorer 9
you can test your browser speed going to this link
8F0n4Z3v

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Comparing different browsers across different machines doesn't make sense =p You need to compare Chrome v Firefox v IE all on the same computer.

I have IE10 so I can't.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Wonder it it's actually possible to get below 6 seconds.
Because of vsync the fps can't go above 60. Maybe if you have a CRT screen...

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
after disabling some add ons i got even better result in ie
ZmwdKetm

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Hungry Man said:
Comparing different browsers across different machines doesn't make sense =p You need to compare Chrome v Firefox v IE all on the same computer.

I have IE10 so I can't.

Completely agree this not really a browser speed read test, of coarse it will test your browser's ability to speed read but the results doesn't just show your browser's speed, it shows the speed of your complete system. Since each browser on different systems may have different speeds the only way to know for yourself is to test each browser (without any add-ons) on the exact same system with the exact security setup then compare results.

Other issues that can affect speed results includes:
* Processor speed
* installed RAM
* Display adapter and settings
* Windows Experience Index
* Screen resolution
* browser window size
* browser plugins and extensions
* more than one open browser tab
* security software products (AV's, firewalls, HIPS, password managers)
* other running processes on your system especially anything using the web (like updaters, downloaders, messengers, email clients, games, etc.)
* possible even more issues...

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Agree, I attempted to have a browser speed read in Puppy Linux using Beta version of Firefox its just took forever since my RAM is 1GB and its specification was low.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well even Google Chrome could take it forever on that Speed Read test due to low FPS rate range from 1-3.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
The test doesn't load up for Chrome 19 haha what a shame I would expect significant performance improvements.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Don't know how you guys got less than 10.:dodgy:

vOxcl.png

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
Don't know how you guys got less than 10.:dodgy:

http://i.imgur.com/vOxcl.png

Remeber what Littlebits said: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Can-Your-Browser-Speed-Read?pid=43386#pid43386

Maybe they've got better hardware specs than you.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It used to work in under 30 seconds, but not any more. It's a piece of junk site.

TnWHs.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Your lucky caused it managed to finished the test but for me it took forever low FPS rate, average duration usually takes 500 above.

Guess need to buy a new one in the future. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.