Cannot get AnySearch removed from Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkeyt

Thread author
Jan 29, 2019
It is on my mothers Mac, so I am not sure how it got there. Have tried researching on web and see to find and delete anything realated to Anysearch and then to run Malwarebytes. Have found nothing relating to Anysearch. Did install Malwarebytes which found several things and cleaned those.

Still has Safari hijacked. Will not allow me to change start page to anything different. Did clean history and cache.

Tried installing Firefox and it hijacked that too.

Any thoughts?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
Can you please check if there's an AdminPrefs file on the device. If it's there, you should remove it.

1. Go to System Preferences.
  2. Click Profiles.
  3. The list will include an item “AdminPrefs“. Select this and click the remove “” button in the lower left corner.
Next, for Safari try this:

1. In Safari, choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
  2. In the window that opens, click the General icon (if necessary)
  3. Enter your desired home page in the "Homepage" field, but DO NOT press return!
  4. At the top of the window, click any of the other icons (eg, Tabs, AutoFill, etc).
  5. You may see a prompt asking for confirmation for changing the home page. If so, confirm.
  6. Switch back to the General page and check to make sure the home page has been changed.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.