Troubleshoot Cant Connect to any program that requires internet

nirxey

Thread author
Aug 30, 2016
Hello! I am new here :D so a week ago, chrome and mozilla was installed to my pc (not by me). Chrome was in a folder called "Gotoe" and had ourstartpage (the virus/malware) i think. So i installed AVG antivirus (i had windows defender before) and HitmanPro. Then i cleaned my pc. After that, i downloaded Malwarebytes for additional safety. Everything was perfectly fine but couple of days later, my ping in CS:GO was really high but i didnt worry about it. Then, i couldnt connect to Teamspeak 3, Steam, Origin, Battle.net etc. I tried ipocnfig /renew but it said "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected." After that, i tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. With renew it said the same as before. So i uninstalled malwarebytes and installed adwcleaner. I cleaned my pc with adwcleaner and restarted my pc and here i am.
P.S - My browser is working fine (i have opera)

Reactions: Logethica
L

LabZero

Usually you have to reboot the router when the TCP/IP stack is saturated. This happens because of tons of sequential connections. If I have well understood, presumably, a malware infection may have saturated the stack because of many requests and you've solved by restarting the router and resetting the stack.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.