Can't connect to the internet after malware/virus removal.

hkfrith

Thread author
Apr 20, 2018
I HAD avast installed on my windows 10 64 bit pc. I ran it and it removed a virus. I have now uninstalled avast and cannot get it back because my pc has no internet connection. I also have malwarebytes. I ran it and it cleaned off a lot of malware on my pc. However, now, my pc refuses to connect to the internet even though it is connected via ethernet cable. Malwarebytes also will not open now and tells me that it is "unable to connect the service". I have also run the malicious software removal tool which found nothing. Windows defender also said that it found nothing. I got so frustrated, that I was going to do a pc reset, but when I click the button to reset it, nothing happens at all. I've restarted my pc countless times and still nothing. I have gone into network and sharing center and checked for it to autmoatically obtain my IP and DNS but that didn't help either. What do I do? Just FYI my pc has no CD drive. I used a flash drive to install FRST64 on to my spare laptop and then transfered the files from my laptop to my infected pc, to attach the FRST and Addition files.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    38.9 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    108.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.