Can't get rid of malware using listed tools

Jeremy96

Thread author
Apr 8, 2016
Hello everybody!

I'm new to this forum and i would like some help with my malware issue.

You see, ever since i used BitTorrent to torrent Fallout 4 on my laptop and desktop, i've been having manny problems regarding malware. As listed in the symptons; my browser wil take me to different pages, highlight ramdom words, floating ad banners and other annoying stuff. This problem occurs on both my systems.

My school laptop and my home pc.

Laptop:

Lenovo G70, i75500u, Nvidea Geforce 9200M, 8Gb RAM, Windows 10.

PC:

Custom:
CPU: AMD FX 8320/ Coolermaster Hyper 103
Motherboard: Asrock 970 pro3 r2.0
RAM: 8Gb 800Mhz Adata.
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5
SSD 128GB ( Windows 7 professional 64 Bit )
1TB HDD ( storage)
300GB HDD ( storage)

I am well aware that this is because i used BitTorrent. I have deleted it with Fallout 4. However, that didn't take away the problem.

I have used manny different ways to eliminate the problem, but it still persists.

I have done:
Uninstalled Fallout 4
Uninstalled BitLord
Used Ccleaner
Used Malwarebytes anti malware
Used ComboFix
Used AdwCleaner
Used JRT
Runned my Panda Antivirus multiple times
Manually deleted files en folders.
Looked for extensions that shouldn't be there...

But nothing. Combofix deleted a lot of files, but the problem didn't go away. And ComboFix is a known rescue tool that mostly works.

I'm a first year IT student in the Netherlands. So i have learned a thing or two. However, i can't seem to get rid of the infections on my system. I have already followed the steps in the malware removal guide.

Also: couldn't upload the log file

Could anybody help me?

Jeremy96

Thread author
Apr 8, 2016
I'm having problems on both my systems. I downloaded it first with my laptop, to test fallout. Then i filed it over to my desktop. So i basicly have the same virus on both systems.

Jeremy96

Thread author
Apr 8, 2016
I have just used another way to deal with malware. I created a bootable usb with YUMI, and i installed various programs to check for malware. After a few hours running these programs, such as BitDefender, AVG Rescue disk and other simulair programs, i still have a malware infection on my system. although i'm suspecting that there also is a rootkit installed somwhere. But then again, everything comes up empty. I have also used Task manager to view running processes and DLL's, but i didn't seem to find anything really strange...I'm kinda running out of options here...

I'm not really in the mood for an entire re-install of the system.

Wich applies to my laptop and desktop. If i can remove the virus/ adware/spyware without reinstalling the entire os, that would be great. I also have some program's such as topdesk wich i need for school.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Jeremy96

Thread author
Apr 8, 2016
Here you go. The logfiles.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    200.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Shortcut.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 0

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1,005 bytes · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.