RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Yesterday i formatted my laptop (i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB). I installed same Windows (Windows 10 Pro, which with i had no issues before playing). Cannot play any game. Whenever the game is launched in full screen the screen starts to flash (turns black and then turns normal again). After a few flashes, i get BSOD. I discovered that if i put the game on Window mode then i can play with no issues.

Steps taken unsuccessfully so far:

Update graphic drivers
Update Windows
Update and re install DirectX
Re install games

HELP, PLEASE!

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Interesting: if i launch the game and minimize it, then it will launch with no problems (i can hear it launching), but if i launch it on top of everything, then it starts flashing and BSOD.

Upvote 0

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
That's actually quite weird. Although I have had some similar issues with this lately (some completely unrelated to games), perhaps you can uninstall your drivers completely and re-install them from the manufacture's website?

Reactions: RoboMan and SHvFl
Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks everybody for your input. So far everything you mentioned hasn't worked.

Another interesting fact: in order to format the SSD, i had to switch from UEFI to Legacy, disable secure boot, then clean the disk (because it was on GPT mode), and only then i could format the SSD.

May this have something to do?

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl
Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks everybody for your input. So far everything you mentioned hasn't worked.

Another interesting fact: in order to format the SSD, i had to switch from UEFI to Legacy, disable secure boot, then clean the disk (because it was on GPT mode), and only then i could format the SSD.

May this have something to do?
If you messed with bios settings try resetting it. What you mentioned though makes no sense but try it.

If that doesn't work, it shouldn't try this. It fixed my nvidia issues once when i had a problem.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

Reactions: frogboy and RoboMan
Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If you messed with bios settings try resetting it. What you mentioned though makes no sense but try it.

If that doesn't work, it shouldn't try this. It fixed my nvidia issues once when i had a problem.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2
03a3cdf955c79793b6121e9ad5c3ef0c--hero-movie-local-hero.jpg

I owe you my life. I uninstalled drivers with this tool and installed the previous working version. Everything's working great now. Thank you and thanks everybody for your help.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.