Not open for further replies.

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Hello folks,

As the thread says, I am unable to uninstall ESET Nod32 Antivirus 7 on my Windows 8.1 Pro.. I've uninstalled it over *Programs & Features* already, and as far as I remember it was successful. Then, without restarting, installed Qihoo 360 Total Security, updated, then restarted the PC.

Now, whenever I restart my PC, both of them are opening theirselves and I want ESET to be gone :/ Well, tried Revo Uninstaller too, Programs&Features and Revo, both shows that there is NO Eset products on the machine. As I search the ESET file over Program Folder, yeah, its there..

How can I uninstall it without having to delete the whole folder and clean the registry from ESET entries one by one..? :(

Thanks in advance!

p.s : Already restarted PC 2-3 times.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

Source : http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

ESET AV Removal Tool

The ESET AV Removal tool will remove almost any antivirus software previously installed on your system.

1. Download ESET AV Removal Tool
  1. Click I accept, start search to accept the EULA and begin searching your system.
  2. Click Launch uninstaller to remove the installed antivirus software.
If unsuccessful, or unable to identify the program installed, the tool will direct you back to the alphabetical list of uninstallers below.

Reactions: Sven and King Alpha
Upvote 0

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Oh, it says "manual remove required" :( And it did not remove..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.